Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to post pics in Gallery

The info came from here. Albums and PicturesI don't remember exactly how to do what you are suggesting.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Thanks for that link, Arubalisa! I'll have fun trying to figure it all out! :-)

The Forum and Photos?

The newbie is learning. I see you have options to make an Avatar. You can also post a different Profile Photo. And you can add photos to the Gallery.
    Then there was mention about creating albums. This is where I cannot find the options to create an album(?) Or is that an old option? Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    if you are talking about adding photos to the gallery and calling it your album..............go to the left hand column and click GALLERY. then go to the UPLOAD at the top of the new page. Upload your photos there. Make sure that you label them. i hope this answers your question about creating an album

Quote Originally Posted by cooliecanpro View Post
    The newbie is learning. I see you have options to make an Avatar. You can also post a different Profile Photo. And you can add photos to the Gallery.
    Then there was mention about creating albums. This is where I cannot find the options to create an album(?) Or is that an old option? Thanks.

Very nice

Andrea, sorry, no. Adding to the gallery is easy, but that's not an album as they state.

The FAQ's say this:
    How do I use albums?
    As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.
    Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.
    • Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
    • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
    How do I upload pictures?
    Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
    You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
    All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
    When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

In my User CP, there is no option to create albums as stated by the forum(?) If that feature is not available, please remove the statement.
    I'm permitted to do attachments, but not a signature.
    Thanks for stopping by with a comment.

Hi ArubaLisa.
    Thanks for the comment on the photo. And I did see how to use the code to stick a photo in a comment. Which was part of my interest for placing some photos in albums, but the albums don't exist. (see above post)
    Are Aruba sunsets always hidden behind that cloud bank on the horizon?

Aruba since 1979
    from what i can see there is no album category.

Quote Originally Posted by cooliecanpro View Post
    Andrea, sorry, no. Adding to the gallery is easy, but that's not an album as they state.

The FAQ's say this:
    How do I use albums?
    As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.
    Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.
    • Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
    • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
    How do I upload pictures?
    Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
    You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
    All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
    When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

In my User CP, there is no option to create albums as stated by the forum(?) If that feature is not available, please remove the statement.
    I'm permitted to do attachments, but not a signature.
    Thanks for stopping by with a comment.

Yes, the best I can piece together, at one time there was an option to create albums. With the latest photo album software upgrade, I do not believe this is still an option. If it is still an option, I cannot remember how to do it and have been trying for the past half hour.

As to the question regarding sunsets, for the most part the sun will not set directly on the horizon, it will instead set behind clouds. Today was a crystal clear day and there were still clouds on the horizon at sunset.

Photo below is from this afternoon.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i have been looking too lisa.
    i am guessing when simon did an upgrade or the integration it vanished.
    no big deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast