Aruba Beach

Thread: Immunisations

Smile Immunisations

Hi Everyone,

Well the time has finally arrived and in just 2 and a half months i will be touching down in Aruba with my canadian friends Letitia and Richie for a fun filled week at the Westin, !!!! (may 14 to 21)

Before i depart though i was wondering, Although i notice Aruba seems to be free of most tropical diseases should i still be looking at getting immunised/going on a tablet course for things such as: Hep A, Typhoid, Dengue Fever etc?

or are these pretty rare occurences and not something to be worried about? Part of the reason i ask too is mosquitos seem to LOVE me! Say i'm standing in a group of 5 other people, guaranteed they'll forget everyone else and practically dive onto me! ARGH!!!!!!! Even if i wear bug spray!!

ANy advice would be much appreciated! As i'm thinking i should make a dr appt if so within the next week!

Cheers

Cameron

As someone who contracted Hep A while traveling within the U.S. prior to the availability of the vaccine, I can vouch it is always a good idea. And not an illness you would wish on an enemy. Hepatitis vaccine is about all you need. More info:

health precautions?

Hep A vaccination

Re: vaccines

Thanks Lisa, sorry to hear you contracted hep a, but glad you recovered ok! as we are also going to curaçao I think I will get typhoid vaccine as well, better safe than sorry hey?

Going to see my doctor tomorrow!

Cheers

Cameron