Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Locks for luggage??

  1. #11
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    i ran into target this morning while dh was at dr.
    the locks i got last yr, pack of 3 was not there.
    now it is a pack of 1 for $9.79

    i guess i got a good deal

  2. #12
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    have not used locks since 9/11....what do these TSA locks do that makes them ok ??? Do you have to wait till TSA puts your luggage through the xray then lock them or what ???
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ant/locks.shtm
    "TSA has worked with several companies to develop locks that can be opened by security officers using universal "master" keys so that the locks may not have to be cut. These locks are available at airports and travel stores nationwide. The packaging on the locks indicates whether they can be opened by TSA."

  3. #13
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Got a love note from the TSA again. For some reason they decided to inspect the bag with five bottles of rum in it. Fortunately, they all made it home.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    675
    Oh Chadd sorry that happened-but thank God you have your rum. hahaha Also, sorry your trip is over--so soon!
    Pat

  5. #15
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    Oh Chadd sorry that happened-but thank God you have your rum. hahaha Also, sorry your trip is over--so soon!
    Pat
    Not as sorry as I am. I may be going back down in May for a couple days, so it shouldn't be too long.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Got a love note from the TSA again. For some reason they decided to inspect the bag with five bottles of rum in it. Fortunately, they all made it home.
    They must have rum sniffing dogs now too...

  7. #17
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    We received a "love note" from the TSA on the way to Aruba

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    Posts
    43
    FYI there are also TSA approved locks that have a small dot that changes color when TSA uses their key to open your bags. My hubby brings dive gear sometimes on trips and it's nice to know before you leave the airport if TSA has done inventory on your stuff. You can get them from a few websites or I got one off of ebay.

  9. #19
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    We don't use locks. The TSA has searched my bag maybe three or four times in the past ten years. I always carry a couple of kitchen knives and some other kitchen gear in my checked bag. I guess it looks suspicious in an X-ray.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by grazizgreen View Post
    FYI there are also TSA approved locks that have a small dot that changes color when TSA uses their key to open your bags. My hubby brings dive gear sometimes on trips and it's nice to know before you leave the airport if TSA has done inventory on your stuff. You can get them from a few websites or I got one off of ebay.
    The TSA is required to leave a note if they open your bag. If your lock indicates that it has been opened and there is no note, you should notify the nearest security personnel.


    They have opened my dive bag on every trip in the last two or three years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO