Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Packing List (by Liz of NJ aruba Lover)

Traveling with 2 young children these days, my wife and I start our list about a month out. Who would have ever guessed it would take that long to get organized. Thanks for posting this list for us. Some of the stuff is already included on ours but some was not. Very helpful!

The latest updated one is on page one, the fouth post?

Wow I want to say the lists are great! They definitely help a first timer here! I wasn't sure what types of things to take or do but this is awesome! Thank you!

Great tool, tyvm. This will helpus first timers out more than you know!

Wow, the list will be very helpful for a first timer like me. thanks a lot.

Thank You

Liz,

Thank you so much for the list I'm packing this weekend for our trip next weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine0392003 View Post
    Liz,

Thank you so much for the list I'm packing this weekend for our trip next weekend!!
    ditto for me. Thanks so much!

May we suggest one addition?
    Keep a copy of your Passport ID pages in your bag/wallet or checked luggage.
    "Prior to departing on an international trip, make a copy of the passport Identification Pages on the inside cover of your passport (these are the two pages that include your photograph and your detailed passport information). Possessing a copy of the official information will not serve as a replacement for a passport lost while traveling abroad but will facilitate initiating a passport replacement request at a U.S. Embassy. .."
    more @ http://www.thereareplaces.com/infgdes/docs/cpypsprt.htm

US Dept Of State also advises;
    "...
    Make two photocopies of the passport identification page, airline tickets, driverís license and the credit cards you plan to take. Leave one copy of each with family or friends at home, and pack the other copies separately from the originals. Leave a copy of the serial numbers of your travelersí checks with a friend or relative at home. Carry your copy with you in a separate place and, as you cash the checks, cross them off the list. ..
    http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/tips_1232.html

Enjoy Aruba friends!
    Thanks to All Who Serve!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    My SIL learned this the hard way. She lost her passport when she was in Germany and had nothing to go off of. There were many phone calls back to the US to her parents etc. Pain in the butt!
    When we received our passports there was a card with it that we had to write certain information on. We brought them with us - one had the passports, the other the cards, and we left copies at home with the parents. Thankfully none of it was needed but it made us feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
    May we suggest one addition?
    Keep a copy of your Passport ID pages in your bag/wallet or checked luggage.
    "Prior to departing on an international trip, make a copy of the passport Identification Pages on the inside cover of your passport (these are the two pages that include your photograph and your detailed passport information). Possessing a copy of the official information will not serve as a replacement for a passport lost while traveling abroad but will facilitate initiating a passport replacement request at a U.S. Embassy. .."
    more @ http://www.thereareplaces.com/infgdes/docs/cpypsprt.htm

US Dept Of State also advises;
    "...
    Make two photocopies of the passport identification page, airline tickets, driver’s license and the credit cards you plan to take. Leave one copy of each with family or friends at home, and pack the other copies separately from the originals. Leave a copy of the serial numbers of your travelers’ checks with a friend or relative at home. Carry your copy with you in a separate place and, as you cash the checks, cross them off the list. ..
    http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/tips_1232.html

Enjoy Aruba friends!
    Thank you for the list. Some very valuable things we don't want to forget!

yw Sunny!
    More thanks to LIZ and all the folks who contributed to this List!

btw, I forfgot to see if anyone included a wallet sized list of of all Meds, past medical history (any spare parts removed such as what da Navy took out of me over da years); allergies and Doctors' names, addys & phone numbers.
    Thanks to All Who Serve!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast