Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Packing List (by Liz of NJ aruba Lover)

Great lists Liz, Thanks!!

Holy Crow thats a good checklist

Thanks so much...will use it to supplement the one I created years ago. You have some really good items on here.

Our laptop has been invaluable on our recent Aruba trip. Allows up to look up phone numbers and addresses for restaurants without incurring local phone charges. Also being able to call back home using SKYPE outweighs all the disadvantages in my opinion.

Aruba since 1979
    absolutely correct about the laptop and skype
    and
    this packing checklist is great
    liz did an excellent job

Quote Originally Posted by felle442 View Post
    Our laptop has been invaluable on our recent Aruba trip. Allows up to look up phone numbers and addresses for restaurants without incurring local phone charges. Also being able to call back home using SKYPE outweighs all the disadvantages in my opinion.

I agree - this is an awesome checklist! I assume it is an overall general list but it made me question a few things. We are staying at the Tam
    1) the list mentions beach towels. I am assuming that we do NOT have to pack beach towels - correct?
    2) Beach shoes - is the sand (in and out of the water) soft or rough with shells and rocks?
    3) should we make a reservation for a snorkel cruise now or wait until we get to Aruba?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We are staying at the Tam
    1) the list mentions beach towels. I am assuming that we do NOT have to pack beach towels - correct?
    The Tamarijn has a plentiful supply of beach towels. If you have them, bring clips or clothes pins to keep your towel from blowing onto the sand and down the beach.

2) Beach shoes - is the sand (in and out of the water) soft or rough with shells and rocks?
    We have stayed at the Tamarijn 4 times now. Personally we do not use them but others do. If you have tender feet, DO bring them. Think Murphy's law, if you bring them, you won't need them. if you don't you will.
    3) should we make a reservation for a snorkel cruise now or wait until we get to Aruba?
    I know some places like Jolly Pirates will give you a discount for booking online in advance. Otherwise, if your plans are flexible I would say you could wait until you arrive. If booking through the concierges at the Tamarijn you will only be offered De Palm excursions.

Thanks for the quick response! We're getting excited! Can't wait! Too bad work has to be so CRAZY leading up to it - and then again when we return. My goal is to leave it all behind!

[QUOTE=TravelDuff;178105]

We stay at the Surf Club on Palm Beach so I'm not sure if it is different on Eagle Beach, but you can choose and book your tours on the beach (snorkeling, jet skis, tubing, sunset cruises) from many of the operators who are set up there, so don't feel pressured by your hotel's "deals" with their vendors. We have never had a problem booking a trip-probably only an issue if you have a large group, so get down to Aruba and book when you are in the mood. There are also discount coupons or other offers in the books you get at the airport when you land so you can usually save some money or get a free tshirt, etc. We have used a number of different operators for a variety of activities and sometimes the "bigger guys" like Red Sail are better, some have more fun trips if kids are with you like the "Pirate" ship with the rope swing, and some are better if you want a more serious snorkeling with only a few people like the Dolphin (Delphi tours).

The greatest thing about Aruba is you can usually decide to do something at the spur of the moment whether it's an activity or a restaurant and generally be able to do it as long as you have some flexibility. Our motto in Aruba is "no shoes, no socks, no clocks". We are heading down 2 weeks from today and I am already dreaming of relaxing

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast