Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: pacsafe?

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    I found the bead but it doesn't move???into where the purple locking mechanism is looks like it is on the wrong side???? I don't know
    The bead is not supposed to move it is attached to the cable....pull the opposite way. If you look at the youtube link..it gives a good demonstration, except it will be a little stiff when it's new. Pull the bead through the bigger hole of the purple latch and then slide it over.

Quote Originally Posted by mimifor2 View Post
    The bead is not supposed to move it is attached to the cable....pull the opposite way. If you look at the youtube link..it gives a good demonstration, except it will be a little stiff when it's new. Pull the bead through the bigger hole of the purple latch and then slide it over.
    Slide it over until it catches. 27 seconds into the video is the exact point where it shows sliding the bead over. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-wBf...er_profilepage

I actually just figured it out really not that hard thanks
    I can put this in my carry on right??

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    yup carry on
    glad you got it figured out so you did not have to send it back.

Sad thing is I bough another because I thought mine was broken hehehehe...oh well one is going back...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

We received and are very happy with the
    meshsafe b200 laptop backpack (50% off) US$ 59.99

as well as purchasing the
    retractasafe 250 4 dial retractable cable lock US$ 17.99

We were pleased with the quality of the product. LOL, dd, wanted to know why the back pack was so heavy. Now when we travel, this will do away with a carry-on and our laptop computer bag, it will fit under an airline seat and we can then lock it to anything in our room we wish as well as locking it to a chair or palapa. The retratasafe cable extends 3 ft.

I wouldn't leave anything on the beach, its too hot, especially something with a large display screen. Leave it at home, or just bring a book. You're on vacation just enjoy the island.

Aruba since 1979
    many folks use the pac safe or the vacation vault or similar locking items with great regularity and great success.

i religiously use my vacation vault and lock it to the palapa on the beach and it stays safe and dry and since it is under the palapa roof it is not in the sun.

many folks too use the larger pacsafe that will hold their kindle, nook or ipad.
    some folks instead of bringing a book bring the new ereaders and need to be able to secure them properly when entering the ocean for a dip.

to each their own -books, ereaders, pacsafes, vacation vault or nothing.......it's all about the individual's needs and wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
    I wouldn't leave anything on the beach, its too hot, especially something with a large display screen. Leave it at home, or just bring a book. You're on vacation just enjoy the island.

arubalisa is right. a tsa approved lock is a combination lock. we use one on ours.

which nook do you have? i am so tempted to buy one. what do you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Just ordered my pacsafe.....sooo excited hope it fits my nook...and other stuff now I have that and my VV...stinks that you can't trust people..now I want to buy a combination lock instead of a key lock for it...but I can get that anywhere. I hope... Thanks everyone for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    many folks use the pac safe or the vacation vault or similar locking items with great regularity and great success.

i religiously use my vacation vault and lock it to the palapa on the beach and it stays safe and dry and since it is under the palapa roof it is not in the sun.

many folks too use the larger pacsafe that will hold their kindle, nook or ipad.
    some folks instead of bringing a book bring the new ereaders and need to be able to secure them properly when entering the ocean for a dip.

to each their own -books, ereaders, pacsafes, vacation vault or nothing.......it's all about the individual's needs and wants.
    Amen. From the first time visitor, to honeymooners, to those traveling alone or with small children, to repeat offenders (such as myself), there's something for everyone. Aruba isn't a one size fits all paradise.

Regarding e-readers, I have a Kindle, and I would say nearly half the beach side readers had some sort of e-reader. Mine was easy to read, even in the brightest sunlight.

I do use a Vacation Vault for my camera, cash, cell phone and room key. I have a beach bag that zips up, so I just hooked my VV through the handles and onto my palapa. Chances are, I'd never need it, but it's a very inexpensive way to have peace of mind to guard against those who want to snatch and run. I stayed at the Hyatt this trip, and they had rented VV for $5/day according to the sign I saw at the towel hut.
    Last edited by corona; 02-07-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast