Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tip of the Day

Lightbulb Tip of the Day

A friend suggested I post this:

1. At restaurants in Aruba where there is a tip automatically added to the bill, the percentage is split by EVERYONE.

If you decide to tip extra at a restaurant, tip in cash and hand it directly to the waiter. This way you make sure that it is going directly to the server, and unless required by the establishment, are able to keep it for themselves.

2. Travel with singles and fives for easy tipping. I would also venture to say that taxi drivers appreciate exact change which is easy with singles and fives.

Lisa,

I think these tips are a great idea. I've learned a few tricks here, like bring a few clothes pins to hold towel onto chairs. I'm sure there are many little tid bits people could pass on

Kathy, if you wish to go "high tech" there are also Towel Clips???? and TOWEL TRAPS for Lounge Chairs.

When traveling you should always pack a spare change of clothes in your carry on in case your luggage is lost. In the case of Aruba, also a bathing suit. The other very important carry on item is medication.

Super tips, Lisa!

Addit. carry on item - Be sure to buy a carry-on size sunscreen in case of delayed luggage.

Make a copy of the info page on your passport. Carry it separately from your passport. If you want to be even more cautious, leave a copy with a trusted friend or family member back home who could fax it to you in case of an emergency.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Super tips, Lisa!

Addit. carry on item - Be sure to buy a carry-on size sunscreen in case of delayed luggage.
    3.4 ounce or smaller

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm
    "3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure."

Lisa, maybe I'll have my daughter paint some clothes pins, create my own line (lol )

Always put my meds in carry on, would really be in trouble without, so take no chances

Corona, Will copy my passport, great idea, hope I won't need to have it faxed, but always better to be safe than sorry

Aruba since 1979
    there is a lady that we sit with at lacabana pool she paints clothespins with bright nail polish they look pretty good

we use hair clippy things they are cheaper than the clips from bed bath and beyond, but not quite as cheap as clothes pins.

Nail polish, great idea

I used the hair clips also

mY FUNNY TIP OF THE DAY...
    When using spray on sun screen, spray several times. My nephew now has red stripes on his back from a burn...He wasn't sprayed enuf and wasn't covered evenly...( not that its funny, but it sure made a funny picture.)
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast