Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tip of the Day

Aruba since 1979
    the TIP to putting on that aerosol sunscreen is to put it on inside where there is no breeze.

that aerosol stuff although convenient empties out fast!
    i think there is a lot of waste.
    although so much more convenient than lotions.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    also take copies of your credit cards(that you are taking with you) , drivers licences (just incase) leave sept from rest, and aslo a copy at home with a loved one, Just in case.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Our daughter was a waitress and always says to tip in cash, if it goes on the credit card they don't always get it, or only a partial amount. (and it's also taxed!)

We took a light rope and bought clothespins (forgot those!) to hand suits, towels on the balcony. With that Aruba wind, they would have disappeared! Beach towels tucked nicely into the straps on the back of the chair.

I always take copies of passports, and also credit cards (when mine was stolen I didn't have the phone # to call to report it). Copies are put in room or hotel safe.
    Last edited by Windy; 04-16-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    mY FUNNY TIP OF THE DAY...
    When using spray on sun screen, spray several times. My nephew now has red stripes on his back from a burn...He wasn't sprayed enuf and wasn't covered evenly...( not that its funny, but it sure made a funny picture.)
    My husband had an arrow on his stomach from his poor lotion application. It was hilarious but the photo doesn't show it nearly as much as IRL!
    We saw a lot of people using the spray!

Maybe I am having a brain freeze, but why do you all take a copy of your passports? Do people actually steal them? Do you take a copy with you, or just leave it at home?
    Thanks, and please don't think I am a dummy. LOL LOL (sounds like I am LOL)

Aruba since 1979
    in the event that passport gets LOST or stolen it is so much easier to expedite the process of replacement and/or get home if one has a photocopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    in the event that passport gets LOST or stolen it is so much easier to expedite the process of replacement and/or get home if one has a photocopy.
    Yes, I am a dummy! LOL I didn't even think about it being lost. Do you keep a copy with you, or do you just leave it at home, or with someone that would be able to fax it to you? I guess both would be smart, huh?
    Thanks so much for this tip, this is something I would have never thought of.
    Pat

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    Maybe I am having a brain freeze, but why do you all take a copy of your passports? Do people actually steal them? Do you take a copy with you, or just leave it at home?
    Thanks, and please don't think I am a dummy. LOL LOL (sounds like I am LOL)
    We received along with our passports, business card size cards with our passport number on them along with phone numbers to call if we lose them. Dh kept them in his wallet and my parents have copies.
    We learned from an experience my SIL had. She lost her passport on the plane and didn't realize it until she went to get on the plane in Germany to come home. It was a major pain for her because she didn't have the number or anything. She had to call her parents here in the States and they didn't get the message until hours later. She ended up having to stay overnight in Germany until they could figure things out. Then she ran into problems with her credit card for the hotel - when she tried to charge her room they declined it because she was supposed to be home that day, not in Germany...it just went on and on!

I love reading everyones little tips, I never even think of half this stuff until I read it here

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the TIP to putting on that aerosol sunscreen is to put it on inside where there is no breeze.

that aerosol stuff although convenient empties out fast!
    i think there is a lot of waste.
    although so much more convenient than lotions.
    on our recent trip to barbados I took aerosol sunscreen and between my niece and I we emptied the bottle in 2 days...never again...
    you are right andrea, must spray inside, but if you forget and do it outside it all goes bye-bye into the wind, so back to the rub on kind for me !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast