Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tip of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Unless they thought the person that 'stole your card' booked the hotel?!
    I booked the hotel a few weeks before flying down to Aruba. I just checked the old statement and I did have one charge between the hotel and the first one in Aruba, it was at the airport.

If you don't mind reusing water bottles, and you like to save a few bucks, don't throw your empty away to go through security. Just place the empty bottle with your other items that have to go through x-ray and refill on the other side. (I asked a security guard first time to make sure it was okay, and she said it was. I've never had anyone question it.)
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Sunscreen- is it dead?? Check it out....
    A reminder to check expiration dates on your sunscreen to ensure they are still effective.

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    If you don't mind reusing water bottles, and you like to save a few bucks, don't throw your empty away to go through security. Just place the empty bottle with your other items that have to go through x-ray and refill on the other side. (I asked a security guard first time to make sure it was okay, and she said it was. I've never had anyone question it.)
    We pack in a few stainless steel bottles so we always have cold water. This year we even brought a couple of the squeeze bottles I use for hockey. Cheap and effective.
    http://www.toolbarn.com/gatorade-49973.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    We pack in a few stainless steel bottles so we always have cold water. This year we even brought a couple of the squeeze bottles I use for hockey. Cheap and effective.
    Great price...$1.45

Have you taken those through security, and if so, did you took the cap off so they'd know they were empty since they aren't clear?
    Next Aruba trip in

Great idea. We drink a lot of water on the beach during the day.

We use the Sigg wide mouth

They are very light weight and pack in our luggage very easily.
    The wide mouth allows us to pack it with ice. Then we use the optional Sport top and in Aruba we use the insulated sleeve below

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Great price...$1.45

Have you taken those through security, and if so, did you took the cap off so they'd know they were empty since they aren't clear?
    You can feel it if you pick it up and there is a "window" in the back that allows you to see how much fluid is in the bottle. I usually put the bottles in my dive bag that gets checked.

You can feel it if you pick it up and there is a "window" in the back that allows you to see how much fluid is in the bottle. I usually put the bottles in my dive bag that gets checked.
    Oh, gotcha. I had carry-on on the brain. A nice insulated bottle would be great to have beach side. For one, we love the great tasting water in Aruba, but the sun is also draining, so we drink a lot of it during the day.
    Next Aruba trip in

The gatorade bottles are not insulated, they do hold their temp fairly well as long as they are kept in the shade.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Try one of those Dunkin Donuts thermal mugs they sell on the island. One less thing to carry. They say"ITs worth the trip"...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast