Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tip of the Day

Just bought sun lotion, just in case of the spray and the wind (I am very Irish, if you know what I mean.. light)... and I am going to invest in the vacation vault.
    PS.. CVS is having another sunblock special...

Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Thumbs up

A hat for protection from the sun. Nothing worse than sunburned tops of ears.
    We all wear the hats to protect our head, ears, and faces from Aruba's fierce sun. They also have under chin draw strings for those windy days in Aruba. Both dh and I have at one time or another gone swimming after a hat blown off by the wind

Mom's bonus? They are machine washable.

Got a hay as well with draw strings at Ocean State job Lot for $3.99 in teal blue.... not bad... so if I forget it of lose it, no biggie.

thanks
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Simply duplicate everything, document wise. Not your luggage though. You've already packed too much.

Quote Originally Posted by cooliecanpro View Post
    Simply duplicate everything, document wise. Not your luggage though. You've already packed too much.
    I once read that instead of carrying photocopies with you, email them to yourself. Should anything get lost, you could always acess your email in Aruba and print out whichever documents were needed.

Arrow For Those Looking to Bring Home Souvenirs

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I once read that instead of carrying photocopies with you, email them to yourself. Should anything get lost, you could always acess your email in Aruba and print out whichever documents were needed.
    What an ingenious simple idea! I took photcopies with us but then couldn't figure out the best place to keep them! (ended up using the room safe)
    Your suggestion will now be my new routine!!!

Great tips! I think we had them all covered on our last trip. I wasn't sure where to post this one -please bump to a more appropriate location if necessary. We just came back yesterday - BRING BUGSPRAY AND ITCH CREAM!!! The bugs were bad especially in the morning. The bugspray really seemed to deter them but I didn't realize I did indeed have cortisone cream with me until I unpacked. Oh well - we used aloe which helped a little.

And another - travel drink containers - we only had one and wish we had more. It was great for water. We would fill it with ice - top off with water and it stayed ice cold. And my dd bought a cheap one at Old Navy for $5 and it worked perfectly.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelDuff View Post
    Great tips! I think we had them all covered on our last trip. I wasn't sure where to post this one -please bump to a more appropriate location if necessary. We just came back yesterday - BRING BUGSPRAY AND ITCH CREAM!!! The bugs were bad especially in the morning. The bugspray really seemed to deter them but I didn't realize I did indeed have cortisone cream with me until I unpacked. Oh well - we used aloe which helped a little.

And another - travel drink containers - we only had one and wish we had more. It was great for water. We would fill it with ice - top off with water and it stayed ice cold. And my dd bought a cheap one at Old Navy for $5 and it worked perfectly.
    That is one thing I wished I had the first time we went and forgot the 2nd time

In Aruba with a nice bottle of wine and no corkscrew available, no worries. At least according to this video. If anyone has tried it, does it work?

How to open a wine bottle with a shoe.

http://www.wimp.com/wineshoe/
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast