Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tip of the Day

I moved this here to "tips" ... I can think of a lot of travel uses, even besides the more popularly known "insect repellent".

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Thought I'd "Bounce" this off you...
    1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.
    You could bury one in the sand near you to clear away any ants, but remember to dig it up and take it with you at the end of the day.

4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
    11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
    Great idea for storing suitcases after unpacking upon arrival back at home.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
    We usually pile our dirty laundry in the bottom of the closet until it either gets full and needs to be put in the suitcase or it is time to pack to go home. We could use it either way.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
    My sneakers could have used these after my two mile walks in the 90+F. degree heat the last trip.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
    For those who golf in Aruba, if only to put inside their golf shoes while they are being stored in your golf locker or during travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    A hat for protection from the sun. Nothing worse than sunburned tops of ears.
    We all wear the hats to protect our head, ears, and faces from Aruba's fierce sun. They also have under chin draw strings for those windy days in Aruba. Both dh and I have at one time or another gone swimming after a hat blown off by the wind

Mom's bonus? They are machine washable.

Went to the dermatologist on Thursday and they had these hats displayed in every size and shape imaginable.

Also, on our last trip, again our digital scale which is now a few years old is dead on correct.

Easy-Grip Luggage Scale
    $24.85

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Bring a list of medications you take daily and phone number of MD back home just in case you forget some.

Also, I had a nice pair of dress flip flops crushed in my checked luggage so now I bring them in my carry on luggage. I had another pair that lost one of the stones, hubby was able to super glue back on but to avoid problems with my pretty sandals I now carry on.

Extra batteries for camera.

http://lilylaneembroidery.com/ bring all types of koozies for bottles, glasses, plastic cups etc. this is a great website to use, I have some really cute ones blinged up with crystals, my name and of course "Aruba" on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Bring a list of medications you take daily and phone number of MD back home just in case you forget some.

Also, I had a nice pair of dress flip flops crushed in my checked luggage so now I bring them in my carry on luggage. I had another pair that lost one of the stones, hubby was able to super glue back on but to avoid problems with my pretty sandals I now carry on.

Extra batteries for camera.

http://lilylaneembroidery.com/ bring all types of koozies for bottles, glasses, plastic cups etc. this is a great website to use, I have some really cute ones blinged up with crystals, my name and of course "Aruba" on them.
    Great tips, especially about the medicine. And I love the idea about the personalized Aruba koozie. Thanks very much for the link. Those would make great personalized gifts for the nieces and nephews too.

I posted about towel clips on another thread, but I think it fits here too. Last February, the day before leaving for Aruba, I decided to see if I could buy towel clips at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Imagine my surprised that beach towel clips were not a stocked item when there's snow on the ground..lol I could order them, but, of course, I didn't have enough time. In Aruba, I was browsing the tables that are set up in the evening in front of the restaurant/shops/mall on the main street across from the high rises, and I found the cutest towel clips. They were colorful, and they had them with Aruba printed on them. I know they were very inexpensive, and I think they were $1 for four clips.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Towel Clips

I always have purchased my towel clips in Aruba at Coconuts, they sell great ones at present I have Pink Flamingos .

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567