Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tip of the day, Sunscreen

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Tip of the day, Sunscreen

Bring lots of sunscreen with you. The price of it goes up dramatically in aruba.
    Some to the tune of $5-7.oo per bottle. Don't forget the aloe, chapstick, and #'s 15-45 for a good asst. of sunscreen. One year on our flight home a newly married young couple was stretched out in 3 seats, reason....got so sun-burnt he needed the room and couldn't sit cramped in one seat....beware.....

SPF 30 or higher is a must for me. We have been fortunate to never suffer from sunburn while enjoying our time in Aruba.

jep
    for our family of 4, we used about one bottle of sunscreen a day.

Aruba Aloe sunscreen and after sun are expensive, but great stuff. Especially the after sun skin repair.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Check out the prices at ling and son...cheaper there..

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    Remember to apply your sunscreen at least 1/2 hour before going out. You need to give it time to absorb. It's also best to apply sunscreen to clean skin. It does not work as effective if applied over lotion, aloe gel, etc. Also, reapply frequently when you are out.

http://www.coppertone.com/detail_of_30lotion.aspx
    Coppertone® Oil Free Lotion SPF30
    • Won't clog pores or cause breakouts
    • Vanishes quickly without a greasy residue
    • Fragrance-free
    • Hypoallergenic and non-irritating
    • Helps prevent premature skin aging from the sun
    • Waterproof
    • Broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, with Avobenzone
    • Available in 8 oz. size
    Coppertone Oil Free has been a lifesaver for me. I used to get heat rashes and sun poisoning from other lotions and this has finally been a lotion from which I have had no reactions. I love Aruba Aloe products and do use them at home, unfortunately had a bad reaction from their sunscreen as well.

Dd was using this Coppertone Oil Free SPF 48 and began suffering red rashes. After a little research I discovered that this is sometimes caused by too high of an SPF. Switched her down to SPF 30 and this past trip she was fine. Now the biggest challenge, getting her to reapply frequently. For the 3 of us I usually plan on 1 bottle for every 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim L View Post
    Remember to apply your sunscreen at least 1/2 hour before going out. You need to give it time to absorb. It's also best to apply sunscreen to clean skin. It does not work as effective if applied over lotion, aloe gel, etc. Also, reapply frequently when you are out.
    We laugh when we see people hit the beach and lather up. THEN go for a swim right away.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

I think everyone should lather up and then run naked all over! Just kidding! Too old!!

I remember on our 2nd trip to Aruba my 100% Italian husband wouldn't listen to me about the suntan lotion! I kept applying applying and applying and had a beautiful tan...him well he got burnt and we had to eat room service that night cause he had the chills and couldn't even get dressed. We were staying at the Rad and I took a pictue of him lying on the bed with one of their stark white robes on...Its quite funny, everyone who sees the picture swears its not him. HE IS BLACK in the picture! His sunburns never are actually red for some reason. And all you see is the pink bottoms of his feet and his white teeth! I have the pictures on our frig. at home.

Kids get really mad at me for being a pest about lotion while in Aruba, my fav. saying is "Hey we're only 400 miles from the Equator" (don't know if that's accurate but it works).

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast