Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tip of the day, Sunscreen

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    DH wanted to order some items from Amazon. I asked him to order the Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion, SPF 30 for me. Will try it out as the sun gets stronger here every day.

On the Amazon site was also a product description for those interested:

Product Description

UVA/UVB Protection. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance-free. Dermatologist recommended. Eucerin Sensitive Facial Skin products are dermatologist recommended for the safe and effective care of sensitive skin. Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion combines intensive moisturization with SFP 30 in a lightweight, non-greasy formula. Microfine Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide provide broad physical block against UV induced skin damage. Provides 14-hour moisturization. Oil-free, non-comedogenic (won't clog pores). Non-irritating and clinically proven safe for sensitive skin. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommended. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this product as an effective UV sunscreen.

Those red itchy bumps are a result of sun poisoning accroding to my dermotologist. I got burned 16 yrs ago in the FL Keyes...I know have a reaction to hot water, hot tubs, the sun etc..even if I get overheated I break out in these bumps.. I must blcok using 50 spf if I'm going to be in the sun. I have a topical presciption called temovate cream thats controls the itch and soothes the bumps!!
    Next Aruba trip in

I've only had this issue once, and it happened when I was in Las Vegas in August, after a long day of walking up and down the strip. I came down with a painful, itchy rash only on my lower legs. My husband and I happened to notice a few other people with the same rash. I couldn't imagine what I had, so when we got back to our hotel room, I Googled my symptoms..of course. I found that I had a case of Leg Heat Rash aka "Golfer's Vasculitis". In case someone else comes down with it, I thought I'd add it to the mix of heat related rashes.

http://walking.about.com/od/medhot/a/legrash.htm

Sun and heat exposure can be very sneaky in Aruba. The trade winds are so cooling, one can sometimes be lulled into a false sense of security. During our first trip to Aruba, we saw a lady being wheeled off on a stretcher from our pool by paramedics after suffering a heat stroke, so that understandably made a big impression on us.

Neither my husband nor I are particularly prone to burning, but we're still very cautious. We use 30 spf sunblock lotion prior to going out. Stay mostly under the palapa, and use the spray for quick touch ups. We put on a second layer of lotion sometime during the day because I feel like it gives better protection than the spray. The only time we got burned (except in '84 when my Italian husband who'd never had a burn a day in his life used oil after a couple of days, which lead to one day of being red as a lobster) was when I bought store brand sunscreen. It was supposed to be 30 spf, but the day we used it, we both got a bright pink. Never again will I take store brand sun screen to Aruba.
    Last edited by corona; 02-18-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

This just might be me, but one good lather of panama jack in the morning usually last me all day. Unless of course, you go in the water, then re apply after you swim.

Check the SPF on the sunscreen lotion you are buying, usually it should be 30 to protect you well from the sun.,.,

Exclamation Consumer Reports: Cheap sunscreen works best

I've been using Target sunscreen for about 5 years now, and never a burn! Works well in the Aruba sun!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Didnt bringenough # 30 with us! Had to buy more. Cheapest around was Ling and Skns

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Didnt bringenough # 30 with us! Had to buy more. Cheapest around was Ling and Skns
    How much and how was the selection?

I usually plan on clear blue skies- no clouds = 1 bottle per person for every 3 days to be on the safe side.

Never have had to buy more, but still hoping to hit a streak of the kind of weather you have had

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast