Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tip of the day, Sunscreen

Thumbs up

I found Coppertone Oil free sunscreen at amazon for cheap and for those that have Prime, it includes free two day shipping. (You can get free prime from Amazon mom or in my case, Prime Student)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
    Una Isla Feliz!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bksalvadorean417 View Post
    I found Coppertone Oil free sunscreen at amazon for cheap and for those that have Prime, it includes free two day shipping. (You can get free prime from Amazon mom or in my case, Prime Student)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

That is a fantastic price on amazon. It has dropped in price since the beginning of the month and about as low as I have seen it anywhere. Here in Georgia for some reason the stores only carry spf 15

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE prime. We paid the $79 for it and use it all the time for the 2 day shipping as well as kindle borrowing library and instant videos.

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    I fell in love with Blue Lizard sunscreen when we went to Aruba in February. It's from Austrailia and I bought it on Amazon...I am an Amazon junkie. My son was just 1 yr old and has blonde hair, blue eyes and very fair skin. He came back with a nice tan and not one hint of a burn.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

I'm an Amazon junkie as well. I have bought most of our things for this vacation in Amazon. I hope the Coppertone will blend fine with a bit of makeup over it. They have up to 50 spf but our dermatologist said 30 is fine which may explain why the prices are the same.

((Off topic))

Love Prime too! My sister is very fair-skinned as well and the poor thing always comes with sunburn when we go to the beach and we're in the east coast. I'd like to see her come home with a nice tan too.
    Una Isla Feliz!

We tried a new sunscreen yesterday- Hawaiin Tropic.
    Good thing we tried it at home before we went to Aruba. Found this stuff to be pretty nasty.
    We put in on then went and spent the day at the neighboring pool Was only out there for 1 1/2 hours. Got really burnt.
    Hawaiin Tropic SPF 15. Brand new so no expired date. Could you imagine the burn we would get in Aruba if we burned like that at home.

Arrow

I just finished zip locking our 6 bottles for next week.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 07-03-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Ziplocking for carry on? or checked in?

I wish they would make those bottles 3 ounces so we can do carry on.
    no way am I paying the price for sunscreen in aruba.

I think last year we went through 4 bottles.

(joe got a bad burn our first year and we were ONLY in the sun from 4pm til 7pm

Our carry-ons are very light, only valuables and medication.

Each bottle goes in a ziploc, push all the air out, roll and seal. Then 2 - 3 bottles go into one more ziploc so everything is double bagged. Have only had one bottle leak over the years (since 9/11/2001). Double bagging = double protection. I spread the weight out over our checked luggage.

I always use ziploc baggies for almost all that stuff. I read too many packing horror stories

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    I ziploc EVERYTHING that comes in a bottle. My family makes fun of me but last time we went to Aruba, they were eating their words when they saw how my hair conditioner exploded in a ziploc. That would have been a big mess! I even ziploc stuff that goes in my carry on and let me tell you, never ONCE have I had a problem at security, in many different airports. It's not as strict as it seems to be...makes you wonder.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast