Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Updated Packing List

Looking at the list. In lieu of giving relatives photo copies of your passport, take a photo of them with your phone and/or save them there. We also have a copy in pdf which we have stored in the cloud.

Also if you are on any ADHD Amphetamine stimulants such as Adderall, Vyvanse, Ritalin etc. you MUST keep them in original containers or could face possible arrest.

Great list, a few things I hadn't thought of yet.
    As for Rx meds, if they aren't controlled substances do they still need to be in bottles? I was trying to just bring what we needed, some of the bottles are large. I have photos of all the labels on my phone. Have never had a problem state side but maybe customs have different rules?

I still haven't found out and forgot to ask them, anyone know if Paradise Beach Villas has hair dryers?

I have a box I'm throwing stuff in as I think of them. The dogs haven't figured it out yet. The cat has napped in there.

I liked the post about having to pack for the rest of the family. My 3 guys would be awful if I didn't help. They are telling me they are ok. Ya right. Hubby thinks Camo is appropriate for any occasion. Boys have grown and nothing fits, need new summer clothes.

Aruba since 1979
    there is a slight chance that aruba customs could confiscate "controlled medications"....like prescription medicines that lisa has mentioned.

your situation, i would NOT give it a 2nd thought.
    pack them as you see fit and it is a good idea that[you have those photos on your phone!

PBV hair dryers....don't know.
    i wonder do people use hair dryers in aruba?
    QUOTE=Stev&Mo;274931]Great list, a few things I hadn't thought of yet.
    As for Rx meds, if they aren't controlled substances do they still need to be in bottles? I was trying to just bring what we needed, some of the bottles are large. I have photos of all the labels on my phone. Have never had a problem state side but maybe customs have different rules?

I still haven't found out and forgot to ask them, anyone know if Paradise Beach Villas has hair dryers?

I have a box I'm throwing stuff in as I think of them. The dogs haven't figured it out yet. The cat has napped in there.

I liked the post about having to pack for the rest of the family. My 3 guys would be awful if I didn't help. They are telling me they are ok. Ya right. Hubby thinks Camo is appropriate for any occasion. Boys have grown and nothing fits, need new summer clothes. [/QUOTE]

Andrea.... think it is a "man" thing about dressing & packing..
    Sorry men. Wondering how many of you guys have your wife/girlfriend "assist you" with packing ???
    I got my husband, son, grandson and even the granddaughter.. (she will pack stuff that she don't need and forget the important things like panties.. lol)
    Then I get laughed at when I forget something for me like sunglasses..

Quote Originally Posted by Stev&Mo View Post
    As for Rx meds, if they aren't controlled substances do they still need to be in bottles?
    As long as they are not, I wouldn't worry.

Had to laugh because I can relate to the "camo for all occasions". On our last weekend getaway my dh wore camo shorts every day...different ones but still had me checking to make sure. When we go to Aruba I have him take out everything he wants to take then I go back and supplement with what he actually needs, like enough shirts for all the days and boxers and his contacts and a toothbrush..you know, the little things .
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Pfff packing done, 22,6 kg I always take too much even when this time I thought I did good with packing...

Wich stuff do you leave at home what you would rather take or just simply buy there?

Quote Originally Posted by LauraAruba View Post
    Pfff packing done, 22,6 kg I always take too much even when this time I thought I did good with packing...

Wich stuff do you leave at home what you would rather take or just simply buy there?
    After watching a lot of Rick Steves shows and seeing the new baggage fees, we learned that everything we really need in Aruba can easily go in carry-ons or in the allowed "personal item." Everything gets left home unless it will be used or is necessary, nothing more. Guy carry on: no dress-up stuff, jackets, long pants, etc. A few golf & T shirts, shorts, belt, flip-flops, boat shoes, sneakers & socks for exercise, bathing suits. Shaving kit with the necessities & sunscreen. Done, easy. Everything else we pick up at Ling's or Superfoods. I see travelers with really huge bags and I'm glad we don't do that anymore.

Rhys

With the help of suggestions here we did really well. Few things; I double checked sons' bags but not DH. He forgot underwear. The guys have shorts that double as swim suits, that required less packing. I limited DH's camp items. He felt it necessary to point out every person he passed in camp (folly eyes).
    Everyone had travel size personal items which were just thrown away (what little was left) to make room for souvenirs. A note on the meds. What I ended up doing was filled everyone's weekly containers. I brought the bottles with only a few pills in each, that way if we were stopped I had them. No one questioned anything. On the way home our weekly containers had 2 days of meds each. Again no question about them. Not bringing back those empty bottles saved lots of space. On liquids, I checked with TSA before. I had everyone's bottles in the bags (3/1/1 rule) but in one large grocery bag. When approaching security I told the agent I had everyone in my group all together. She thanked me for being organized! Only one small bag came back with us.

I read a suggestion to bring envelopes, sticky notes for tips, notes to housekeeping etc. I also picked up some inexpensive post cards from here at home with South Carolina on them. I used them to write thank you'd on and everyone really appreciated them.

PBV did have hair dryers. I only used it twice. I have very long hair and just need to to not be soaking when we went out or it would never have dried in the humidity. They also had coffee filters but no paper towels. (I'll post that in the other area too)

The deet wipes I mentioned elsewhere were helpful. They packed easily and were small enough for a purse if you needed to take them out.

We also brought sturdy plastic cups with locking tops. We filled them with water after passing security and used them to bring drinks to the beach and pool.

Another thing I picked up that came in useful was a large plastic beach mat. It folded small and flat. We took it to the beaches and on our jeep trip. It gave us a spot to put our things out of the sand when there weren't chairs available.

Our soft sided cooler also came in very handy. It also folds flat.

A Small 1st aid kit with basics. I wore a blood blister on the ball of my foot not realizing I was walking on a rock. DS1 cut his ankle on some coral. This helped us avoid what could have been a costly trip to the drug store.

If bringing your own snorkeling gear, a large mesh bag to carry the wet stuff in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev&Mo View Post
    I also picked up some inexpensive post cards from here at home with South Carolina on them. I used them to write thank you'd on and everyone really appreciated them.
    That's a great idea!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast