Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: VACATION VAULT (what do i do w/ my stuff?)

Aruba since 1979
    exactly right corona.
    the snatch and grabber would NOT be successful grabbing your stuff.
    the thief would be standing there trying to "undo", thus eliminating snatch/grab/run.

you, like paul and i make a knotted configuration of beach bag and then weave the VV cable thru it. we are comfortable knowing our stuff is safe as we are bopping around the ocean or in the pool.

i advise folks to make certain that the kindle and stuff are attached to something that is secure (a palapa).

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    One thing I did, bug, was to put my Kindle in my zippered beach bag and then secured the straps of my bag to my palapa with the VV. I know our things are generally safe on the beach, and I've seen very few reported problems. I figure most thefts in the area grab and runs, so I felt very confident leaving my Kindle (which I'm very attached to) in my bag when I was away from my chair.

We have ordered one for our upcoming trip . I'm really glad I discovered it on this forum. We also go camping, and it will be useful then too.

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Just bringing the thread back to life -- I had never heard of the Vacation Vault before and I'm glad to have found information on it here since my fiancee and I were concerned about where to leave stuff while in the water. Apparently my Sony H50 camera fits inside the Vacation Vault so all we need to do is choose a color

Looks like www.vvcaribe.com isn't working. Unfortunately no eBay vendor ships Vaults to Brazil, just like Amazon.com; fortunately www.vacationvault.com ships to Brazil, but shipping charges are higher than the product price itself . I will try to find some friends who may want to buy Vaults too, so we can share the shipping costs

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Aruba since 1979
    a couple of the gift shops at resorts on aruba sell the vacation vault.

if the shipping to brazil is overly expensive, then buying a vacation vault on aruba at one of the stores might be an option.

when are you going to aruba?

I just bought one on Amazon.com..I think the only color was black...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    a couple of the gift shops at resorts on aruba sell the vacation vault.

if the shipping to brazil is overly expensive, then buying a vacation vault on aruba at one of the stores might be an option.

when are you going to aruba?
    In 6 months (May 2012). The good thing of early trip planning is that it gives me lots of time to see if an eBay vendor starts shipping to Brazil with decent rates, or finding friends who get interested in the Vaults too.

I read the whole thread and someone mentioned a shop at the airport that sells the Vaults -- that could be an option since it's a place we can't avoid (as someone already said, it would be awful to lose beach time looking for a store in town ).

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Quote Originally Posted by MarcioCampos View Post
    Apparently my Sony H50 camera fits inside the Vacation Vault so all we need to do is choose a color
    Make sure you compare the dimensions of the camera very closely. The vacation vault interior is only 7'' High x 6'' Wide x 4'' Deep vs camera dimensions: 3.2 x 3.4 x 4.6 inches. Not sure it is going to be deep enough but I could be wrong.

An update -- I just ordered a Vacation Vault to be delivered at the hotel where a friend of mine is going to stay in the US, so this issue is solved I may put my hands on it in mid January, when my friend returns.

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Another update: got my Vacation Vault yesterday. unfortunately my Sony H50 doesn't fit inside it. Bummer

But Monty Python advises us to always look at the bright side of life . Except for being smaller than I would have hoped it to be, the VV looks amazing and will certainly be very useful during my trip.

And I already designed a way to keep my camera safe, attaching my ordinary camera bag to the VV (which will be attached to a palapa) and using my TSA lock so no one will be able to open the bag .

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    When I got mine I thought what in the world is going to fit in this thing...After using it for a while I can pack in there room keys, camera, DD wallet, daughters camera...then I hook the closed zipper thru the cord to the chair. God bless the person who wants to wrestle getting all these things un-twisted without making a scene.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011