Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: VACATION VAULT (what do i do w/ my stuff?)

I am discussing the vacation vault with my DH as we talk about our upcoming trip to Aruba. He is questioning if this is an overall safety problem. Is it the locals? Is it the visitors? Why can't you just lock your stuff in the in room safe? Besides your stuff - is it safe to let my teen girls walk around our hotel complex without an adult?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelDuff View Post
    I am discussing the vacation vault with my DH as we talk about our upcoming trip to Aruba. He is questioning if this is an overall safety problem. Is it the locals? Is it the visitors? Why can't you just lock your stuff in the in room safe? Besides your stuff - is it safe to let my teen girls walk around our hotel complex without an adult?
    Vacation vault works great for room keys, camera, phones pool side. They lock onto the chair or what ever you choose. You can lock anything you want in your safe, its the beach chairs you don't want to leave stuff around on.
    Where are you staying? We can better answer your question as to teens walking around if we know that. Generally high rise area is fine, late at nite walking on the beach itself isn't. Most teens roam freely around resorts daily, and walk the mall areas at nite.

Aruba since 1979
    there is no overall safety problem in aruba.
    tbs, we always tell everyone to be proactive.
    use your in room safes.
    use something like a vacation vault when at the pool or beach.
    when renting a car, do not leave valuables in sight while parked and car is unoccupied.

do everything in aruba as you would at home.

the words are........ cautiously proactive.

and in answer to your question about your teen girls............yes.

Our last few trips with a child have been to the Tamarijn. The Tamarijn is spread out over an area of nearly a half mile long. Our 13 yo dd is permitted to roam freely as long as we have an idea of what area she is going to be in. At night she is only permitted to "hang out" at the conversation pit (wide screen TV area) and billiards table area of the lobby. No need for her to be anywhere else at night.

Thanks for the info. I am typically over cautious so I will be ordering the vacation vault. The clincher for me was the comment about "where do you put your in room safe key" , makes sense.

We will be staying at the Tam. I would like to give the girls (and myself) a little freedom. They are 14 and 16 but I tend to worry a bit too much. Gee - do you think I need a vacation?

Vacation Vault

Used it this last trip.(see Aruba bb trip report}it is well worth the purchase. We in the water or to the bar and did'nt have to worry about theft. I believe that most thefts that occur in the beach area are not locals, but guest. Just my opinion.

Hi Deb,
    nice to meet you. I got my vacation vault as stated in my eamil from Ebay, received it within 3 days, that was fast and the s/h was cheap. It is brand new exactly what the ad stated, the valut is large enough to fit all types of stuff.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    Thank you, Lisa! I was just thinking that I need to get my order in soon. I will check it out!!!

Deb (another real nurse!)
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

I ordered my vacation vault - $31.45 including shipping - great deal I think! Amazon. I'm anxious to see what will fit in it - I can't believe ArubaLisa fit all that she did, it doesn't look that big. It must be like Mary Poppins bag!

Aruba since 1979
    re: the room safe key hahahaha that was always a big conversation my husband and i would have. typically we have cash, trav checks and ipods, cameras in the room safe "which is safe". so, the stuff is in the safe and there is my husband standing there with the key and says "where do i hide this in the room?"

we now keep the safe key with us in the vacation vault so no more hiding places in the room

i think too that YOU as a parent cannot be over cautious.
    being cautious to 2 teen girls is a good thing.
    then, there are helicopter parents that continue being cautious and a bit over the top.

trust caution communication

enjoy your holiday on island

Thanks for the info. I am typically over cautious so I will be ordering the vacation vault. The clincher for me was the comment about "where do you put your in room safe key" , makes sense.

We will be staying at the Tam. I would like to give the girls (and myself) a little freedom. They are 14 and 16 but I tend to worry a bit too much. Gee - do you think I need a vacation?

If you wanted to give the girls "borders" other than the entire resort you can restrict them to something like the game room to the Bunker Bar. Map of the Resort

Knowing now you have two teens, they will spend the majority of their time at the beach, pool, pizza bar and the night time spot I mentioned previously. This will keep them VERY busy.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast