Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: VACATION VAULT (what do i do w/ my stuff?)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    re: the room safe key hahahaha that was always a big conversation my husband and i would have. typically we have cash, trav checks and ipods, cameras in the room safe "which is safe". so, the stuff is in the safe and there is my husband standing there with the key and says "where do i hide this in the room?"

we now keep the safe key with us in the vacation vault so no more hiding places in the room
    We used to that, too, with the safe key...where to hide, where to hide? LOL!!

Amsterdam Manor got electronic safes a few years ago so that has solved our problem since now we just create our own code for the safe. I would think more of the hotels would be getting the electronic safes when they do room upgrades, too. Seems like everywhere we travel in the U.S., the hotels all have electronic safes now.

We're looking at some of the PacSafe products for an upcoming trip to Paris this summer - the apt. we rented does not have a safe so we need to bring one of our own. http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I forgot, just as a point of information, the Tamarijn' safe key in on a chain. My Dad wears his around his neck except when swimming.

A great vacation gadget, used it everyday this last trip. Never worried while in the water, or at the bar, it held a camera, 2 ipods, keys, money, and room card keys, with plenty of room for more storage.

vacation vault

Great buy, used it everyday with no fear of theft. (unless someone cut down my palapa). It held two ipods, camera, keys, money, with room for more items. Never worried while at the bar or the ocean/pool.

I still wish it were large enough to hold a dslr camera.
    It just does not make any sense for dh and I to put everything in V.V. for safety and not be able to lock up the camera, our most expensive item to protect.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I still wish it were large enough to hold a dslr camera.
    It just does not make any sense for dh and I to put everything in V.V. for safety and not be able to lock up the camera, our most expensive item to protect.
    I was wondering if a dslr would fit. Would it if you took the lens off and put them side by side? I know that's a pain, especially on the beach!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    I was wondering if a dslr would fit. Would it if you took the lens off and put them side by side? I know that's a pain, especially on the beach!
    Dimensions: 7.25" (W) x 7.50" (H) x 4.5" (D)

I measured my camera and even apart side by side the vault is not quite high enough.

Vacation Vault

I called them, it is NOT big enough to hold a Kindle. My wife reads on the beach all day long and I bought her a kindle so she wouldnt have to lug 12 books with her. Any ideas? Going end July, first week August

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

idea

Quote Originally Posted by pratoman View Post
    I called them, it is NOT big enough to hold a Kindle. My wife reads on the beach all day long and I bought her a kindle so she wouldnt have to lug 12 books with her. Any ideas? Going end July, first week August
    put the kindlle in another bag that has a zipper pull on it. The cable of the vault will fit thru the zipper pull, lock it that way.
    I used a small LLBean tote with zipper, I wrapped it around the chair tubing, and then wrapped it around and thur the handles. I know this sounds like a lot of work, however, it worked for me with other things....

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    put the kindlle in another bag that has a zipper pull on it. The cable of the vault will fit thru the zipper pull, lock it that way.
    I used a small LLBean tote with zipper, I wrapped it around the chair tubing, and then wrapped it around and thur the handles. I know this sounds like a lot of work, however, it worked for me with other things....
    Just thinking out loud here...
    My Mom had the back of a tote slashed by someone in Italy.
    THIS while the bag was on her SHOULDER.
    Needless to say for their "hard work" they did manage to get her wallet and eyeglasses.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast