Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: VACATION VAULT (what do i do w/ my stuff?)

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php...=detail&id=116

this in conjunction with a coated cable and lock would be IDEAL as something larger than a vacation vault. cable it to a palaypa just as you would the vacation vault.
    certainly not inexpensive.
    so if you have disposable $$ (ya that is an oxymoron isnt it) i would say this would be ideal.
    slash proof and able to feed the cable thru. and lock with your own small padlock.

all these things do is prevent snatch and grabs.
    the vacation vault and something like securing this pacsafe thing ONLY prevent FAST SNATCH AND GRABS.
    most petty thieves will not linger at your palapa waiting to be spotted cutting thru cables and prying vault open.

Thanks for the link Andrea. The bag is practically indentical to the camera bag I carry now.

I cannot say the words I want to say in order to express my sadness in having to resort to all of these security measures just to enjoy a day on the beach.

Well I got my vacation vault YESTERDAY - boy that was fast! I expected it to be much larger from the picture and the aqua color is not as shown online. But - it looks like great construction, the color is just fine for me and I think the size is very deceptive and we will be able to fit all the necessities in it. Although I don't have a kindle - it definitely won't fit in it. Vacation vault, Bully reserved, almost ready to go!

Aruba since 1979
    Dimensions: 7.25" (W) x 7.50" (H) x 4.5" (D)
    i am sorry to hear that your vacation vault did not meet your expectations.

it is good construction though, and the stuff that you will be able to cram in it will make it very worthwhile.

i have the yellow one, which is pretty bright to say the least.

enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDuff View Post
    Well I got my vacation vault YESTERDAY - boy that was fast! I expected it to be much larger from the picture and the aqua color is not as shown online. But - it looks like great construction, the color is just fine for me and I think the size is very deceptive and we will be able to fit all the necessities in it. Although I don't have a kindle - it definitely won't fit in it. Vacation vault, Bully reserved, almost ready to go!

I'm not saying I'm displeased with it though. I think it will work out great and actually the size will be better when I need to pack it or carry it in a bag. Thanks to all of you for the suggestion to buy it. I think it will definitely give me piece of mind knowing that somebody won't just walk by and grab my beach bag. Whereever I go. And having a daughter going off to college in another year, this may just be the perfect thing for dorm life!
    Just thought of another use - summer camp to keep that Ipod touch and cellphone safe. I think this little gadget will get a lot of use!
    Last edited by TravelDuff; 06-03-2010 at 08:36 AM.

[QUOTE=Andrea J.;176436]http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php...=detail&id=116

/QUOTE]
    Thank you for this Andrea, I have contacted the company and asked regarding the size. I might spring for it if i can't find something as good but cheaper locally.

8 weeks to d-day, can't wait

And having a daughter going off to college in another year, this may just be the perfect thing for dorm life!
    Just thought of another use - summer camp to keep that Ipod touch and cellphone safe. I think this little gadget will get a lot of use!
    I absolutely love my vacation vault and use it every day while in Aruba, or any beach for that matter. I too bought one for my daughter in college to use in her dorm.

Under my chickie at the aruba beach club along with my husband and my favorite drink
    I read this thread last Wednesday the 9th and ordered my Vacation Vault on ebay late Wednesday night. It arrived today, the 12th and just in time before I leave on Vacation. I paid $28.90 including shipping. I thought about waiting till I arrive on Aruba to go and purchase one but I didn't want to waste time shopping instead of being on the beach I am very pleased with it and think it will fit the bill. I can put my mp3 player, cell phone, money, room key card and camera in it perfectly. So glad I read the thread.

Just an update on my vacation vault. It worked out fine for us - BUT - it does NOT fit around the palapa at the Divi AI. I just kept it in my beach bag and looped the cord around my bag handle and the chair rung. I felt that this would still deter the walk by snatch and grab. You really couldn't even see it. So in the end they would have to carry the lounge chair away too. That would be a funny sight....I think we still have many more uses for it in the future. summer camp, dorm life, etc.

Aruba since 1979
    wow those center posts of the palapa must be thick. the cord is about 6".

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDuff View Post
    Just an update on my vacation vault. It worked out fine for us - BUT - it does NOT fit around the palapa at the Divi AI. I just kept it in my beach bag and looped the cord around my bag handle and the chair rung. I felt that this would still deter the walk by snatch and grab. You really couldn't even see it. So in the end they would have to carry the lounge chair away too. That would be a funny sight....I think we still have many more uses for it in the future. summer camp, dorm life, etc.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast