Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: VACATION VAULT (what do i do w/ my stuff?)

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's

Vacation Vault INSIDE Dimensions

When mine arrivedI thought it was smaller than expected! I put this in an earlier post, but thought it might be helpful here!

re: our Vacation Vault from The Beach Cabana -- the web site measurements are taken on the outside --
    The inside dimensions are 6 7/8" wide at the top, 5" wide at the bottom, 3 1/8" deep, 6" tall (plus 1+" inside lid).

Andrea, I didn't measure but where we sat they were pretty wide around. AAhhhh I miss it already. I think ArubaLisa is right and we need to start planning again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VACATION VAULT (what do i do w/ my stuff?)-palapa-copy.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    now, they need vacation vault extensions!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDuff View Post
    Andrea, I didn't measure but where we sat they were pretty wide around. AAhhhh I miss it already. I think ArubaLisa is right and we need to start planning again!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    now, they need vacation vault extensions!!
    So two requests for the VV II
    Large enough to fit a A single-lens reflex (SLR) camera and extension as Andrea mentioned.

Will I need something like this for Divi? I can't remember what we did with our room keys last time. All our valuable stuff will just stay in the hotel room but I'm wondering about our keys while we're swimming.

GHM
    I would recommend something like this if you intend to leave anything while out and about. I had a backpack stolen last week while I was snorkelling at Mangel Halto. Luckily the bag did not contain much of value, but the strap was obviously deliberately cut with a knife or sharp implement, as I had left it padlocked to the bicycle with which I had cycled to MH from the Tam. Hence, a Vacation Vault, or similar, would still have been attached to the bike when I returned.

However, this did not spoil the holiday - it was more of an inconvenience really as the backpack only contained a few dollars (for drink/snack at MH supermarket), bottled water, and sunscreen. However, it did mean cycling back to the Tam with no water, no sunscreen, and having to carry all my gear (luckily towel, shirt, hat, sunglasses not in backpack) under my arm whilst negotiating the 1A.

You live and learn.

Aruba since 1979
    it is a crapshoot as to whether you need it or not.

of 33 trips to aruba we never had an issue with leaving our stuff in a beach bag tied to a palapa or tied to a lounge chair.

we all would love to believe that everyone on aruba, tourists and residents, are honest lovely law abiding folks............unfortunately what we would love to believe is not reality.

we used our vacation vault during the last 2 trips religiously for our keys, ipods and few dollars and digital camera.
    peace of mind is worth it to paul and me.

Banned
    I use a vacation vault around the pool and beach at LaCabana but I would definitely not use it at a place like Magel Halta. It is not secure enough. You can't even safely store valuables in a locked car there. The vacation vault is a deterrent at best.

I'm really not worried about anything but our room key. Can we swim with our Divi room keys or do we need to keep them dry? How much does it cost if we lose our key?

Aruba since 1979
    u will have to ask divi the key policy/lost key.
    the only thing that seems to affect the room keys magnetic strips is a magnet and a cell phone.
    we have gotten our lacabana, aruba beach club and casa del mar keys wet.........and the keys continued to work.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast