Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What To Bring On Your Vacation...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

What To Bring On Your Vacation...

Well, its kinda boring out there right now, so I decided to start a new thread on things to bring to aruba with you that you might not think of....
    blow up tubes( why rent, bring your own from Target 3.99)
    clothes line- although the hotel has one of those lines in the tub, it doens't hold 4 suits and they don't dry. We tie a line on our balconey
    Coffee-can't live without my dunks brewing in the room to wake me up. I bring the filters, creamora and sugar too...
    Telescopic fishing rod- gives my kids and nieces and nephews plenty of fun. The restaurant on the islands give them bait
    Extension cord- yes, sounds stupid, but most rooms are plug deficient
    Air Freshner- Bathrooms have no ventilation, and some rooms take on that damp smell. My kids say I over do it...
    Paper cups- yep, 3oz cups for the bathroom. Use them for pills, etc and not have to worry with the glass breaking etc. on the tile floor
    Small Tupperware box- sandwhich size to put snacks, cheese and crackers in
    Cooler- portable size, fill up with ice at the machines and carry your drinks to the beach or poolside
    Quaters- for the washing machine, at the airport for the luggage carts, vending machines..

Anyone else out there got any great ideas?

cindyo

Aruba since 1979
    your list is good!
    we have with us a power strip due to the lack of outlets
    (aa battery charger, cell phone charger, dvd player charger)
    bathroom air freshener= we bring a small yankee candle

we also bring bounce dryer sheets, rub them on our bodies and it is good insect repellent and no sticky feel and yukky smell.

i am foggy from allergies, that's all i can think of now.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Well, its kinda boring out there right now, so I decided to start a new thread on things to bring to aruba with you that you might not think of....
    blow up tubes( why rent, bring your own from Target 3.99)
    clothes line- although the hotel has one of those lines in the tub, it doens't hold 4 suits and they don't dry. We tie a line on our balconey
    Coffee-can't live without my dunks brewing in the room to wake me up. I bring the filters, creamora and sugar too...
    Telescopic fishing rod- gives my kids and nieces and nephews plenty of fun. The restaurant on the islands give them bait
    Extension cord- yes, sounds stupid, but most rooms are plug deficient
    Air Freshner- Bathrooms have no ventilation, and some rooms take on that damp smell. My kids say I over do it...
    Paper cups- yep, 3oz cups for the bathroom. Use them for pills, etc and not have to worry with the glass breaking etc. on the tile floor
    Small Tupperware box- sandwhich size to put snacks, cheese and crackers in
    Cooler- portable size, fill up with ice at the machines and carry your drinks to the beach or poolside
    Quaters- for the washing machine, at the airport for the luggage carts, vending machines..

Anyone else out there got any great ideas?

cindyo

UMM...bet you "smelled " good...snuggle? LOL...Good idea. though.... ...cindy

What to bring

Great lists. Where is the closest laundromat to the Ren?

Lexi...They have machines in the hotel. End of coridor, eats quarters.....Bring a timer with you, poeple get mad and toss your stuff out. If you have a timer, you will know when its done and beable to pull it out yourself.
    Have a great time, send some pics to the site pls ! Happy wedding day...you'll be in heaven ! cindyo

Thanks Cindy ~ You just saved me lots of packing! I will post the pics as soon as we get back. I have Bully picking us up also...I'm going to tell him that the Boston Crowd recommended him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

we also bring bounce dryer sheets, rub them on our bodies and it is good insect repellent and no sticky feel and yukky smell.
    Does this really work???? I am a mosquito magnet and that has been once of my big concerns...if it does, you are my hero!!!

My wife and I are going to Aruba on July 25 for a week . This is our second trip. Is there anyone else going that week ? We'd love to hear from you
    We are renewing our marriage vows . Anyone going that week . We are staying a LaCabana Resort . If so we'd love to hear from you

One curious question does anyone know if Verizon charges International rates while in Aruba Verizon to Verizon?

btw thanks cindy O for all you help on the vows renewal with Rev gibson

richard O

Quote Originally Posted by Masscpl19 View Post
    One curious question does anyone know if Verizon charges International rates while in Aruba Verizon to Verizon?
    richard O
    International roaming
    http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/Caribbean/Aruba.html
    "Rate Information
    CDMA Standard Roaming Per Minute Rate: 1.99
    CDMA Value Plan Roaming Per Minute Rate: 1.99 "

Nice! I picked up some good tips for this year. I think I will pack a few air freshener plug ins, pack a box of gallon or large zip locks for snacks or for holding ice in my colapsable cooler, a power strip is a good idea for all the chargers, a couple of inflatable rafts for the kids and I might even bring a telescopic fishing pole for behind the rest on ren island. I will be ordering my sun blocks today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast