Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What to wear down

I have become fond of a pair of black wide legged stretch lounge pants worn with the nicer sandals I'll be wearing to dinner. I wear the pants with a nice tank and throw on a sweater or hoodie since it is usually cold when we leave from the Midwest. If it gets hot on the plane I (don't laugh, some women never know when a hot flash will occur) can hike up the pant legs. I wear the pants when we head out to a nicer dinner as they are a thinner material. When the temps are sub zero here and I have to wear heavier clothing on the way to the airport, I have been known to do a complete wardrobe change in the airplane bathroom into shorts and t's, but you need to be a little bit of a contortionist to do so.

I have always worn a pair of nylon long gym pants, short sleeved golf shirt, shorty socks with slip on shoes and a zipper front sweat shirt (hoodie). Sweat shirt comes off and into carry on once I got to Aruba. I also made sure I had over sized long pants for comfort while sitting for 4 1/2 hours. . . Stanley comes with his fur coat. . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Me... Yoga pants, short sleeve top and sweatshirt. Gotta love yoga pants!
    Rob.... Shorts , even in the dead of winter. He usually wears a T shirt given to him that says," if found return to Aruba"

Convertible pants. I zip off the legs when I arrive, instant shorts!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Me... Yoga pants, short sleeve top and sweatshirt. Gotta love yoga pants!
    Rob.... Shorts , even in the dead of winter. He usually wears a T shirt given to him that says," if found return to Aruba"
    Yup....always shorts and tee shirt down. Hey, if women can wear skirts in January, I can wear shorts, right?

On way back, my trusty old (15+year old) Aruba Survivor tee shirt.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I wear a bathing suit, sleeveless shirt under a T-shirt with sneakers. As soon as we hit our first layover the sneakers come off and I put on the sandals. When we arrive on the island the T-shirt comes off and I'm ready to go. Pretty easy to do since I only travel with a carry on.

Since we leave from Orlando, heavy clothing is not necessary. Hubby wears shorts & shirt (his uniform) and I wear capris and a blouse.........all loose fitting.

Thanks everyone, I usually wear a nylon jogging suit down and bring the jogging capri's & flip flops in my bag. It's usually freezing when we leave and return. Need to be comfortable for a 5 hour flight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12