Aruba Beach

Thread: Aleve/Naproxen?

Aleve/Naproxen?

Does anyone know if Aleve/Naproxen is available at the pharmacies on Aruba, or will I have to bring my own? If it IS available...is it an over the counter medication, or will I require a prescription?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i can only tell you that when i needed to buy advil there, it was so ridiculously expensive. and yes, they had aleve but i don't know the cost. i would just bring a small bottle with you. for the advil, they wanted $6.00 for 10 pills. the back pain went away after a dip in the beautiful aruba saltwater, lol......

Tylenol 3 on the island?

Hi everyone,

I'll be traveling while recovering from a bone graft in my jaw and sinus lift surgery. Just wondering, is tylenol 3 something I can get OTC if I need it, like in Canada or the UK? It's not available OTC in the US which is why I ask, and my physician says his Rx would not be valid on the island if he were to write one.

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    No

Get the script in the UK and fill it in the UK so that
    u have it readily accessible in case I need it.

Good luck

there are Tylenol in Aruba the special Tylenol 3 not sure,it will be best you bring your own and put it in your luggage
    for all of your aruba tour needs! http://www.wixtours.com/

Aruba since 1979
    tylenol 3 is with codeine
    a controlled substance
    not available as an OTC in Aruba
    Quote Originally Posted by marcntonio View Post
    there are Tylenol in Aruba the special Tylenol 3 not sure,it will be best you bring your own and put it in your luggage

Aruba since 1979
    Re: tylenol

One of our forum members, a part time aruba resident, is on a tylenol quest ;-)

seriously, earlier this summer, he was looking for extra strength tylenol
    (yes otc, not prescription)
    tylenol brand was not available on aruba.
    unsure if there was/is a shortage, but there was none to be found.
    YES, there was generic version "acetaminophen" available, but he was leery about using generic.

anyway, my point is if you have particular OTC medicines that you absolutely need with you while in Aruba.........please bring it with you...... do not take the chance that it is available on aruba.

if you have a prescription from your doctor that you need while in aruba..........fill that prescription at home and bring with you (in your carry on, not checked luggage)

if you need a script filled while on aruba, the script must be written by a physician or dentist on aruba and filled in aruba.

One year my FIL was prescribed a medication for a chronic disease. It is a medication he has take many times over the years.

Upon it being filled at the "botica" in Aruba he saw on the bottle that the medication was manufactured in a location different from the same pills he had at home.

Not trusting this same medication manufactured in a location difference from what he had always known, he chose to cut his vacation short. He went home to his medication which came from a familiar manufacturing location.

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    my suggestion is to not purchase anything you have a question about. When I broke my foot in Aruba a few years ago I was perscribed a pain pill that I had never heard of - We bought over the counter 600mg Ibuprofen at the pharmacy and I held on to the pills I was unsure of. When I got home I asked a friend who is a pharmacist to research it for me. It turns out it was just a Dutch version of Ibuprofen but I felt better waiting rather than just taking what was given. If you have a good relationship with your Pharmacist you can always call them and ask their opinon.

Moral of the story: leave your 4" heels at home ladies. ;-)

Any medication, that you have to take, especially RX... bring from home....otherwise, you`ll have to see a doctor in Aruba( and they do have A+ healthcare), but- it is your $$$ ...Insurance from US - is not accepted...only $$$.