Aruba Beach

Thread: American brand snacks and bulk availability

kit

American brand snacks and bulk availability

I am getting married in a few months and needed to fill my welcome bags. As I have many bags to fill (26) I would rather purchase the items in Aruba. I am not sure if the supermarkets carry the items I have listed below.

water--do they have brands like Poland Springs, Evian, Dasani?
    gum--trident, orbit, etc (do they sell 12 packs?)
    candy bars--snickers, kit kat, reeses pieces, twizzlers, etc.
    chips--do they have to assorted pack of the snack size packs? doritos, cheetos, lays, etc
    cookies/crackers

Ketle one vodka--do they have? cost? (these are not for the bag!!!)

Also, are these sold in bulk and does anybody know the cost. If not sold in bulk, how much is each individually. (I tried emailing the supermarket but it will not go through)

Any useful information will be great! I am just trying to get an idea if I should buy at home and pay for shipping.

Aruba since 1979
    re: water
    why not purchase water bottles and let the guest fill with the great aruba water?
    there is a price mart on aruba which is like a BJ or Costco.
    maybe you can purchase the assorted chip snacks there.

also too, aruba aloe products are very popular for gift bags as is the local palerma rum.

kit
    Thanks for the advice. Many guests will be skeptical to drink the water and I prefer bottled water.
    Do you need a membership to the Price Mart or can you just go in?
    Does anybody else know if they have the items in bulk at the Price Mart?

The Ketle One is not for the bags......thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kit View Post
    I am getting married in a few months and needed to fill my welcome bags. As I have many bags to fill (26) I would rather purchase the items in Aruba. I am not sure if the supermarkets carry the items I have listed below.

water--do they have brands like Poland Springs, Evian, Dasani?
    gum--trident, orbit, etc (do they sell 12 packs?)
    candy bars--snickers, kit kat, reeses pieces, twizzlers, etc.
    chips--do they have to assorted pack of the snack size packs? doritos, cheetos, lays, etc
    cookies/crackers

Ketle one vodka--do they have? cost? (these are not for the bag!!!)

Also, are these sold in bulk and does anybody know the cost. If not sold in bulk, how much is each individually. (I tried emailing the supermarket but it will not go through)

Any useful information will be great! I am just trying to get an idea if I should buy at home and pay for shipping.
    Ling and Sons is a really good grocery store and should have all or most of what you are looking for. The Aruba water is great and you can actually buy it by the bottle. We have bought US brand water at Lings in the past and they definitely have Evian. I usually get Grey Goose there too but you should be able to find Ketel One also. I'm not sure how much bulk packaging you will find the - definitely some snack packs. I believe the Price Mart/warehouse club store does charge a membership fee to get in but I think between Lings and SuperFoods you should be ok.

Aruba since 1979
    the price mart has "day passes" for non members.

Quote Originally Posted by kit View Post
    www.aruba.com/forum/f37/has-anyone-shopped-price-smart-43205/#post162412 PriceSmart is Aruba's version of warehouse club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I have a purchased a few things at PriceSmart. Not much though. I don't compare prices but I would think that the prices are a savings over Ling & Sons. You do not need to be a member. But you will have to pay 15% (or 10%) on the total if not a member. You have to get a day pass at the Customer Service desk (the desk is to the right when you go in the door).