Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Artistic Boutique / Help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8

    Artistic Boutique / Help

    Checking to see if anyone has any experience with Artistic Boutique in the Holiday Inn. I purchased a ring that has many little diamonds there last week. The night before I came home, I noticed one of the diamonds had fallen out. We went to the store, but they were closed (close at 6 p.m.). Unfortunately, our flight left the following morning. The day after I got home I took the ring to my local jewelry store and while there another stone fell out. I am paying to have the stones replaced but wonder if anyone has experienced this store's customer service. I feel they should at least reimburse me for the cost to replace the stones, but I fear they'll maintain an all sales are final status. Haven't called them yet because I wanted to check on here first.

    At any rate, I'd suggest anyone be very aware before purchasing jewelry on the island. I'm totally regretting my purchase.

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,898
    i would give them a chance to make restitution.
    take a photo of the piece.
    take the receipt from the jeweler that did the repair work.
    also the receipt from the purchase.
    scan everything and send it to them as an attachment

    see what they say and what they offer.
    i would certainly hope that they will do the right thing.

    if they offer nothing, then let them know you will contact the ATA and use this forum to warn other purchasers. BUT, i would not mention that in your first correspondence with them.

    there are many reputable jewelers on island!!

    good luck and keep us posted.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jujubeoh View Post
    Checking to see if anyone has any experience with Artistic Boutique in the Holiday Inn. I purchased a ring that has many little diamonds there last week. The night before I came home, I noticed one of the diamonds had fallen out. We went to the store, but they were closed (close at 6 p.m.). Unfortunately, our flight left the following morning. The day after I got home I took the ring to my local jewelry store and while there another stone fell out. I am paying to have the stones replaced but wonder if anyone has experienced this store's customer service. I feel they should at least reimburse me for the cost to replace the stones, but I fear they'll maintain an all sales are final status. Haven't called them yet because I wanted to check on here first.

    At any rate, I'd suggest anyone be very aware before purchasing jewelry on the island. I'm totally regretting my purchase.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8
    To keep you up-to-date on my situation with Artistic Boutique. I emailed them copies of the receipts from them and from the jewelry store that made the repair, along with pictures of the ring. They are refusing to do anything since I took the ring to a store here in the US. They said if I had mailed it back to them, they would have repaired it. Since I was skeptical of the quality of the ring and the store's practices, there is no way I would have sent it back to them in Aruba. I will be in touch with my Visa to file a claim. This will be a lesson for me to never purchase jewelry in Aruba. I'm sure many have had good experiences with other jewelry stores, however, this experience has taught me a lesson. They claimed their "warranty" is that they will take care of the problem if they fix the item. At no time was any type of warranty mentioned to me. Live and learn.

  4. #4
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,892
    Did you attempt to contact Artistic Boutique prior to seeing your jeweler back in the states? We've bought a few pieces on the island and have always had good luck. If we had had a bad experience we would have looked to the seller for help first... and then seek another avenue. It's always a bit difficult to purchase something away from home and then have an issue with it. Good luck with a resolution.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Did you attempt to contact Artistic Boutique prior to seeing your jeweler back in the states? We've bought a few pieces on the island and have always had good luck. If we had had a bad experience we would have looked to the seller for help first... and then seek another avenue. It's always a bit difficult to purchase something away from home and then have an issue with it. Good luck with a resolution.
    I immediately went to their store, however they were closed. We flew home the following morning. To answer your question, I did not call them prior to taking the ring to my jeweler. I was so upset that I wanted my jeweler, who I trust completely, to check out the ring and repair it. I went to my jeweler the day after (Sunday) we returned home. They had a half off special that weekend on all repairs. I chose to have the ring repaired because Artistic Boutique at no time mentioned a warranty or any stipulations on the warranty at the time of purchase. Quite frankly, I would not have been comfortable returning the ring to them even if I had known about the warranty. It's a definite live and learn situation for me. I would warn others to check out how the jeweler will handle faulty merchandise. As I mentioned, we have been coming to Aruba each year for the past 14 years, and this is the first time I purchased any jewelry. I would think a reputable establishment would pay the repair and apologize for the quality of the merchandise. Remember, the stone fell out within two days of purchase. Another stone fell out on Sunday.

  6. #6
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,892
    Bummer...... hope your jeweler at least made it ok and you enjoy the ring enough to not let the experience overshadow an otherwise great vacation.

    Not even an 'I'm sorry'?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Bummer...... hope your jeweler at least made it ok and you enjoy the ring enough to not let the experience overshadow an otherwise great vacation.

    Not even an 'I'm sorry'?
    Thank you. My jeweler did a very nice job with the repair; however, I must admit the excitement and love of the ring isn't there yet. Maybe, in time I'll feel better about it. At this point, I feel like I was scammed. I love Aruba, and will always love the island and its people. In my eyes, this store does not represent what the people of Aruba are all about.

    No, not only did I not get an apology, but the tone of the email was accusatory. Basically it inferred since I took the ring elsewhere for the repair, it's my problem.

  8. #8
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujubeoh View Post
    Thank you. My jeweler did a very nice job with the repair; however, I must admit the excitement and love of the ring isn't there yet. Maybe, in time I'll feel better about it. At this point, I feel like I was scammed. I love Aruba, and will always love the island and its people. In my eyes, this store does not represent what the people of Aruba are all about.

    No, not only did I not get an apology, but the tone of the email was accusatory. Basically it inferred since I took the ring elsewhere for the repair, it's my problem.
    Bad business..... they won't be seeing me.

  9. #9
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    We prefer KAYS and Noble. Will not shop artiistic based on your problems.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    We prefer KAYS and Noble. Will not shop artiistic based on your problems.

    Thanks for the info about KAYS and Noble, Cindy. My only retribution regarding Artistic is to spread the word so that nobody else has a similar experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO