Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Aruba Aloe Disappointment

Unhappy Aruba Aloe Disappointment

I wrote last year about the change in packaging of Aruba Aloe and pricing. This year it appears to be completed and I was so sad to see what has transpired.

I love the shampoo and would always buy it and bring home at least 12 bottles (last year it wasn't available due to repackaging/repranding). Well this year it was available but sadly, it is now far too expensive. A bottle of shampoo was $9 now it is $16!!! Sorry, but $16 is too costly for me.

In addition, all of their regular creams have been repackaged in green bottles with a huge increase in pricing. We would bring back as gifts the small bottles of hand cream and they cost about $10, however, they now are slightly smaller and cost $15!! They have a travel size for $10. TOO EXPENSIVE!! Same goes for their regular size creams. Glad I get a free one at the Surf Club.

Their sunscreen was also very nice but alas, it has become very costly too. The faces sunscreen is the only one I might consider as it is about the same price as a "good" faces sunscreen at home. The small bottle is $16.

So sad.....
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    i too was one of their loyal customers.
    i would load up on shower gel and shampoo and lip balm and my husband loved their everyday skin lotion. we'd buy about 12-15 aruba aloe products 2x a year.
    since they have created their new look and new pricing i have found suitable replacements.

you are right randi, sad indeed.
    many aruba visitors have "given up" aruba aloe.

not all tourists have deep pockets. QUOTE=Randi;238799]I wrote last year about the change in packaging of Aruba Aloe and pricing. This year it appears to be completed and I was so sad to see what has transpired.

I love the shampoo and would always buy it and bring home at least 12 bottles (last year it wasn't available due to repackaging/repranding). Well this year it was available but sadly, it is now far too expensive. A bottle of shampoo was $9 now it is $16!!! Sorry, but $16 is too costly for me.

In addition, all of their regular creams have been repackaged in green bottles with a huge increase in pricing. We would bring back as gifts the small bottles of hand cream and they cost about $10, however, they now are slightly smaller and cost $15!! They have a travel size for $10. TOO EXPENSIVE!! Same goes for their regular size creams. Glad I get a free one at the Surf Club.

Their sunscreen was also very nice but alas, it has become very costly too. The faces sunscreen is the only one I might consider as it is about the same price as a "good" faces sunscreen at home. The small bottle is $16.

So sad.....[/QUOTE]

Hi ladies,
    I agree with both of you on the new packages and prices. I stopped at both the museum store and the new store at the Village Mall and was shocked at the prices. I did, however, but a 2.2 oz bottle of hand and body lotion for $10.00 US which I thought was very expensive. I then looked at a larger bottle and it was $23.00 US. Needless to say, I did not purchase anything and will not go looking again. . . . Sad that the prices went up so high. I always bought some as gifts for the people back in the states. . .

Tom and Stanley ( the Aruba Guys)

Ditto here. I had planned on checking a bag on my return home to be able to purchase some Aruba Aloe products but when I saw the price and added in the check back fee it was not worth it. They put a store in at LaCabana which I thought was a good idea until I noticed no one ever goes in there. After looking at the prices I can see why. They have alienated their customer base and must now rely on new comers to the island who don't know the pricing/product history for their sales. I just don't see how that can compensate for the sales lost.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I agree, same thing happened to me last time I was in aruba so this past year, I just bought jergen's at the supermarket, lol. it cost about $6 for a large bottle. they have priced themselves out of the regular market and will have to rely on one time only customers instead of repeat customers.

Smile

Totally agree with everything said here. We were loyal users of their suntan and after sun products but they have priced themselves out of our shopping basket. I twas always convenient to buy a few tubes of the suntan lotion when we got to Aruba and it saved us from dragging more product down in our luggage but the prices seem to have gone up about 50% in the past 2 years. I am wondering who is actually buying their products at these prices. I can't believe that the locals are and so many tourists have stopped buying.

At least Aloe Man has yet to raise his prices.

Was there in November and was shocked as well, but I broke down and bought the face mosturizer since I have used it for so long but decided that would probably be the last time. Shame they needed to double prices.....they could have just increased it 10-20% and still had a decent profit margin.....we will just have to wait and see what happens...
    BTW....do not like new packaging...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I also agree with everyone. My friends and family always asked me to bring back the Special Care. The deodarant and liquid soap was also very popular. It is now way too expenisve. It is a little less at the airport duty free. I have stopped buying these products. Complained to the clerk, but of course, it is not their fault.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARUBA-ALOE-S...item20ce7abf06

USED
    1.5 oz x 3

$6 and $8 shipping

Really?!!

"used"

eagle beach arashi & boca catalina la cabana pata pata bar
    i too am disappointed with the "new" aruba aloe. i stopped buying when they discontinued the "sun care" line - it was my absolute fave lotion! now all they have is the waterproof - not a fan of waterproof at all. also, they used to carry the lower numbers (4, 6 & 8), but no more. i think you're all right - just the first-timers are buying now, but can you stay in business that way? it's really a shame because the stuff was pretty good

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast