Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Aruba Aloe Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by AhhAruba View Post
    Aloe Man was on the LaCabana beach a few weeks ago so he must be venturing into new territory these days to hawk his lotion.
    Yes, we saw him at the Tamarijn for the first time this past July. Though we had seen him numerous times on Palm beach from 1995 onwards, this was the first time we had seen him on Druif beach.

I've seen Aloe Man on the beach at LaCabana - quite a character! I'm in agreement with all of you. I've used Aruba Aloe products for years, just to get that scent thru the cold dark NJ winter. But the scent of the new products is much different and the cost is just not worth it to me. Sad.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I think everyone is in agreement that the "new" Aruba ALoe products are too expensive. I too was a big fan of them. Last year, was my first trip back to the island in 2 years, and I just about passed out when I saw the prices (OK, not really but you get the picture). I still bring home a bottle of Aloe, but I like the pump version better. When I questioned the prices, they said everything is in recycled containers / made from old milk jugs... Really? I rather pay old prices then have my product in old milk jugs. Funny thing is... I was cleaning out the linen closet at home and found a aruba aloe deodorant marked $8.75 FL, Now they are $9.00 US. That shows how much of a change they are. Its a shame because I like others, loved their products and shampoo, but no longer find them worth the cost. ON the bright side, if you sign up for their e-club they e-mail you coupons and give you a 20% off birthday coupon. The worker told me to print that coupon out and bring it with me next year when I came back they would honor it.

We've been buying it online in the states for the last couple of years and usually purchase what we need when they offer 25% off and free shipping. Then it doesn't hurt as much.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Not a fan of the sunscreen. Toooo thick. Much prefer Hawaiian Tropic. Lotions and shampoo are lovely
    Last edited by cindyo; 08-25-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Not a fan of the sunscreen. Toooo thick. Much prefer Hawaiian Tropic. Lotions and shampoo are lively.
    I thought that was just me!! It felt like I was putting on pancake batter! LOL

I also agree... I love their hand and body cream and their sunscreen... was in nice flat bottles easy to take when you went away now they are in big chubby bottles.... horrible to pack to big.....I guess they dont read the forum??

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    I had loved their lib balm sunblock.
    The keyword "loved"
    I bought some in May, opened it this weekend and used it lots.
    My lips FRIED.
    Going back to the Walgreens brand

Before I knew about the repackaging and repricing I asked a friend at work to bring back a few products for me and gave her what I thought was enough money. I was shocked when she returned and told me what everything cost! No more Aruba Aloe for me. I'll use my money for Chills and Brights.

The refusal to buy the expensive products made me go back Hawaiian Tropic, and I love it. Got a GREAT tan with it, and my skin did not dry out. I occasionally used their after sun moisturizer, but the sunscreen itself did not dry my skin.

I sent an email to Aruba Aloe with a link to this forum... a small company like that needs to be responsive to customer feedback especially given the highly competitive product space they're trying to compete in. We'll see where it goes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast