Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Aruba Aloe Disappointment

Aruba since 1979
    their packaging is for the new look.........the high end.........kind of like the "apothecary look"
    bath and body works has done it. same product...repackaging = higher priced.

i miss their bath gel.
    way too expensive for the small container.

don't be fooled with their lip balm.
    i am still in agony. split and dry and blistered.
    i expect my lips to be peeling tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    their packaging is for the new look.........the high end.........kind of like the "apothecary look"
    bath and body works has done it. same product...repackaging = higher priced.

i miss their bath gel.
    way too expensive for the small container.

don't be fooled with their lip balm.
    i am still in agony. split and dry and blistered.
    i expect my lips to be peeling tomorrow
    OUCH!! I know this is going to sound insane but, if you can find an aloe plant, break a leaf off, crack it in half and rub the gunk (yes, that's the technical term LOL) on your lips. It's the only thing that worked for me my first trip to Aruba.

And, if you can find them, rub one of the gel caps that are vitamins (I think they're 'E'). That'll help with the peeling.

And four out of five doctors recommend pitchers and pitchers of unsalted margaritas to numb the pain. "Medicinal".

Ow! Ow! Ow!
    Last edited by act1966; 09-03-2014 at 11:45 AM.

I received a reply from Aruba Aloe!

Thank you for taking the time to share the link with us.

We are aware that some customers are upset with us because of our new pricing but its a change we had to make in order to make Aruba Aloe a sustainable business.

We take great care to formulate the best possible skin and hair care products made from our Aloe that we proudly grow in Aruba. If you are ever in Aruba I would be happy to meet with you to further explain why we had to make the changes that we did.

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to email me or you can call me at 1-800-952-7822. Have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,

JOSHUA POSNER
    Managing Director

Aruba Aloe Balm N.V.
    Pitastraat 115 • Oranjestad, Aruba
    T: +297 588 3222 • F: +297 588 3055

Email to: jposner@arubaaloe.com
    www.ArubaAloe.com

Aruba since 1979
    i don't like change. I don't deal well with change. I am sorry I will not be a customer....maybe I will receive some as a gift.

it is unfortunate that a new look means new prices.

was aruba aloe not a sustainable business prior to the new packaging and price increase?

i got tons of aloe in my back garden....maybe i will make my own? i am sure i can google a recipe!

and i have used some on my sun burned lips.

however this product is worth its weight in gold........... http://www.arubaaloe.com/products/alhydran
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I received a reply from Aruba Aloe!

Thank you for taking the time to share the link with us.

We are aware that some customers are upset with us because of our new pricing but its a change we had to make in order to make Aruba Aloe a sustainable business.

We take great care to formulate the best possible skin and hair care products made from our Aloe that we proudly grow in Aruba. If you are ever in Aruba I would be happy to meet with you to further explain why we had to make the changes that we did.

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to email me or you can call me at 1-800-952-7822. Have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,

JOSHUA POSNER
    Managing Director

Aruba Aloe Balm N.V.
    Pitastraat 115 • Oranjestad, Aruba
    T: +297 588 3222 • F: +297 588 3055

Email to: jposner@arubaaloe.com
    www.ArubaAloe.com

IMPO it may have been a sustainable business back in the day when you just happened upon the products at Certified or little huts on the street. Now the business has grown to include multiple stores and there are rents & staff at those locations to pay.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i don't like change. I don't deal well with change. I am sorry I will not be a customer....maybe I will receive some as a gift.

it is unfortunate that a new look means new prices.

was aruba aloe not a sustainable business prior to the new packaging and price increase?

i got tons of aloe in my back garden....maybe i will make my own? i am sure i can google a recipe!

and i have used some on my sun burned lips.

however this product is worth its weight in gold........... http://www.arubaaloe.com/products/alhydran
    It's a simple matter of greed. Andrea, let me know, we would be very interested in "Andrea Aloe" products when you put them on the market. I can help with distribution in VA.

Where is this Aloe Man?? I've heard about him, but have never seen him. We're staying at Playa Linda for the next two weeks (starting Sunday). Hopefully, he'll be around there? Does anyone know?

When you see him, you'll know lol

I don't think I saw him at all in during our 2 weeks in 2013.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Is this the same store at the airport? I always buy a few things while I am waiting for my flight. Please tell me it isn't so?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I see the Aloe Man every year on Eagle Beach.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast