Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Aruba Aloe products or others?

Aruba since 1979

Aruba Aloe products or others?

Do you use Aruba Aloe products for sunscreen or do you have a particular brand that you are partial to?

Over the years we had been using Aruba Aloe, but now find that the consistency is not to our liking and neither is the price.
    We have gone back to NoAd or Target or Aldis or Walgreens.

( do use Aruba Aloe shower gel regularly and am not happy with the high price)

I do use Cerave' on my face...not the sunblock per se, but the moisturizer lotion with the 15 spf.

Also too we find that the best way to start our in the sun days.......applying the sun lotion on indoors before we put our bathing suits on.
    Then reapplying / touch ups as needed.

Be careful using the aerosol type indoors as the accumulation of it on the floor could make a slippery spot!

We used to get a bottle of Aruba Aloe every year when we would first get to the island, it was great and I still connect that smell with Aruba. We stopped getting the Aruba Aloe for some reason, maybe price, and lately just bring something from home. We also apply a good coat of lotion before getting dressed and going to the pool/beach/wherever and reapply often. The aerosol type can be very slippery especially on tile floors and it can be hard to get good coverage. We've seen many folks by the pool on their second or third day with "tiger stripes" on their backs from poor application of spray products.

We've moved away from the Aruba Aloe products. I didn't feel the pricing was justified. I'm just as happy with a generic aloe product.

I still use the Aruba Aloe burn gels and have a bottle of the old style (cheap) hand & body lotion in my desk at the office so I can connect with that scent! I've moved away from the sunscreens just because of the huge increase in price. I'm happy with whatever I get at a good price at home. We stay away from the aerosols after the incident we had a few years ago in Aruba where we set off the smoke/carbon detectors!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

eagle beach arashi & boca catalina la cabana pata pata bar
    i loved & used the aruba aloe lotions all the time and then they went all 'fancy' and raised their prices. funny, i think i still have some of the old ones (the brown bottles) in my attic - keeping them for souvenirs now i just use whatever i can find with spf8 - i know, too low! it was never a problem till last year, so now i'll start with a 15 & see how it goes. i get in trouble chit-chatting with folks in the water - crispy shoulders :O

I always had some degree of sunburn until I started using the Target brand aerosol last year. Naturally, Target has now closed in Canada. Sigh.

We use the Special Care, Foot Care, Ultra Intensive Care and Shampoo. We always order it online when there's a sale with 25-30 percent off with free shipping. The only time we ever purchased a product on the island was when we took the factory tour. Of course we've been hooked ever since...
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

The Aruba Aloe sun burn relief stiff we bought a few years ago was so good. I can't remember exactly what it was called but it was cool and creamy. We made it last for a while, might pick up some more this trip. As for sunblock, we love Bullfrog brand. We always order it online but sometimes Walmart has it. Something about the way it sprays on it is really easy to rub in. We do the aerosols in the room and the little squirting bottles on the beach to avoid wasting it in the wind.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We bring our own sunscreen - usually Neutrogena lotion. I am fair skinned and need to be careful not to burn. Last year I wore a SPF shirt if I was in the sun for an extended period of time and it worked perfect! Burt's Bees After Sun Soother is great too (but I will fully admit I am biased to the brand ).

I do buy an Aruba Aloe lotion or two before leaving. During those cold winter months, the scent brings me right back to Aruba!

Get me back to Aruba!

Aruba since 1979
    I broke down and bought some Aruba Aloe shower gel.
    It is a superior product, and it is wonderful too as a shampoo (but remember my hair is only 1.5" in length)

Their pricing is OBSCENE. $15 for 8 oz.
    In light of the pricing, I bought 4.
    I love the stuff, hate their prices and hope that i can make the stuff stretch til my next visit......ya, probably impossible to make it stretch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast