Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Aruba made souvenirs

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)

General Aruba souvenirs?

Where can you buy general souvenirs on the island? I assume the hotel gift shops have things you can buy, anywhere else a good place to go? Tshirts, hats, mugs, key chains, etc etc etc?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    when you go downtown on the water side by the crystal, there are all these open market stalls and they have tons and tons of aruba souvenirs from key chains to aruba license plates, etc....

Also check the flea market on weekends...more info at the links below...

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/souvenirs.html

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Thanks you guys!!!! so helpful!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/explorearuba/cu...dlSectionLnk55
    this link provides some ideas for souvenirs/gifts

Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    Where can you buy general souvenirs on the island? I assume the hotel gift shops have things you can buy, anywhere else a good place to go? Tshirts, hats, mugs, key chains, etc etc etc?

don't forget the cute little shops upstairs behind mambo jambo's....lots of cute stuff there...we go everyyear and I always end up buying something....again...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Made in Aruba Souvenirs

Our daughter found a great new souvenir shop at Baby Beach. It's called Chakaranda. Here's their website: http://www.chakaranda.com/. The website says "opening soon" but the owner told us they have been pen about 8-9 months. It's located in the block of stores that houses the local pub at Baby Beach.

The owner/operator makes laser etched items using driftwood, leather and other media. He has the equipment right there in the shop and if you don't see what you want, he can make it for you for later pick up or he'll deliver to your hotel.

He was very helpful and accommodating and took the time to explain the differences among the divi divi, watapana and fofoti trees often depicted in Aruban scenes.

We bought a leather etching of the well-known fofoti tree on Eagle Beach. It's ethed onto a 6"x8" piece of thick leather (my estimate). The leather is in turn mounted on a slightly larger wood plaque. $36.00. These items can be customized.

It's really worth the trip if you're in the area and looking for Made in Aruba souvenirs.

Thanks for sharing. I love to poke in souvenier shops and the baby beach area is on the agenda for our upcoming trip. DH doesn't appreciate the shops as much so I'll just have to find that local pub where he won't mind waiting for me!

Aruba since 1979
    if i am not mistaken the local pub that Andy M speaks of is located next to JADS water sports/ dive ctr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I love to poke in souvenier shops and the baby beach area is on the agenda for our upcoming trip. DH doesn't appreciate the shops as much so I'll just have to find that local pub where he won't mind waiting for me!

Palm beach for one! In front of our resort was great bach front. Super nice, soft, white sand. Water is great! I loved the country side. Touring on the ATV is a must!

Local Market

Hi all, I am planning my first trip to Aruba this July and I am looking for some shopping tips. What are the best souvenir shops? I've read a lot about the local treats such as the sweets and dutch cheeses..where is the best best place to get local treats such as these?? Thank you so much for your help!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast