Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: In Aruba now....quick question!!

In Aruba now....quick question!!

Sitting at the Starbucks with my wife in the Renaissance marketplace enjoying the free wifi We want to get some cologne and perfume while we are here but should we wait to get it at the airport? Is it way cheaper? Any info would be helpful thanks.

On arrival we had to circle the island 5 or so times to wait for the airport to inspect the runway for damage - there apparently was a minor earthquake just a half hour before we were due to land!!

Turned out fine and we were in paradise. Then we get to The Kitchen for some first night take out - and they are closed! They are remodeling and probably will re-open on the 1st - looks like they are making some room for dine in. So we just hopped on the bus and went in town to eat at Iguana Joe's.

Night 2 was a little better - Texas De Brazil oh man was it ever good. Meat eaters paradise and quite frankly the salad bar had way more options than I imagined as well. Garlic mashed potato's they serve with the meat is really good. Bar choices ranged from many cheeses to a grouper and shrimp in a cream sauce that was very good over rice. Portabella's. olives, bacon, artichoke, grilled provolone - yummy. It was a great meal made even better with a B1G1 free they emailed us for our anniversary.

Well it is a beautiful day here for day 3 in Aruba I will try and check in tomorrow to see if there are any questions and any answers to my question thanks.

Chad

I have actually found it to be cheaper at the Dufree (how ever it is spelled) right their at the Renaissance than the airport... it seems to be a few doallrs more at the airport.

Aruba since 1979
    be careful when buying perfume.
    a woman ahead of us in line at check in yesterday (1st security checkpoint) had her taken away........tossed. could not bring as a carry on it was more than 3 oz.

BUT, this was not a duty free purchase.
    a duty free purchase bought at the duty free airport shops, delivered to you upon boarding are perfectly acceptable and allowed.

again, what i saw was a lady with perfume in her carry on, and it was tossed.
    i said to my husband...........that was about $300 thrown away :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    again, what i saw was a lady with perfume in her carry on, and it was tossed. i said to my husband...........that was about $300 thrown away :-(
    Very expensive lesson learned the hard way.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    same thing happened to my neighbor and she was trying to say its only half full but they took it anyway...

There is a place called The Perfume Factory near you that makes their own copies of perfume and cologne. Behind the Ren, up one block and to the right. It is on the left. I got men's cologne called Gallopogos for a song and now I wished I got more! Tell them the real name and try the sample of your brand.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

OK thanks all will pick up at Renaissance and make sure it goes in check in!! Heading to LG Smiths now.

Aruba since 1979
    yum
    enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by milocoman View Post
    OK thanks all will pick up at Renaissance and make sure it goes in check in!! Heading to LG Smiths now.

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach

Let the Fun of Building Begin

Wow its almost here....cant wait to be on Eagle beach once again....
    A few sandcastles planned for next week...

Enjoy your trip and post pictures!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast