Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By gaby
  • 1 Post By aquaman

Thread: Asia Island Shopping? Looking for Beach Chairs/Toys

Question Asia Island Shopping? Looking for Beach Chairs/Toys

Last time I visited Aruba (last April) I saw this store near the airport and made a note that it might be a good place to pick up a cheap beach chair on my next visit. I cannot find any mention of this store on this site, has anyone been? Is it still open??? I have done an internet search and it seems to be a dept. store that carries many items. So, is it worth visiting for beach toys/chairs????

Aruba since 1979
    post number 7 in this thread makes mention of that store
    click link buy a beach chair
    Buy a Beach Chair ?

Quote Originally Posted by cmshanley View Post
    Last time I visited Aruba (last April) I saw this store near the airport and made a note that it might be a good place to pick up a cheap beach chair on my next visit. I cannot find any mention of this store on this site, has anyone been? Is it still open??? I have done an internet search and it seems to be a dept. store that carries many items. So, is it worth visiting for beach toys/chairs????

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we went there this past november to buy cheap beach chairs. if you want the lounge ones, they run about $100 each. We said forget it. I went to Certified to find long beach chairs, they were about $80 bucks. There is no where we can find that you can get them like here for about $30 or even $40. They are so expensive. But if anyone comes across them, please please post it. we were going to try Wema next time or even bring our own and leave them. Last year I got end of season for about $20 at Shop Rite. I may pick up a couple and take them (have free baggage) and leave them there.

Asia Island is NOT cheap and the quality of their products is at best at "junk" level. The better alternative may well be Kooymans if you have a rental car or transportation. Quite frankly I am surprised that Asia Island still exists given our experience in going there. There is also a good Chinese store in Ponton across from TopCar rentals that has almost every conceivable product thought of. It may be worth checking out. If I am down there in the next few days I will take a look at beach chairs.
    Last edited by aquaman; 02-02-2015 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Aruba since 1979
    that would be great john
    we too are looking for beach chairs for our Spring trip as the place we are staying does not supply

good to know about the asia store

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Asia Island is NOT cheap and the quality of their products is at best at "junk" level. The better alternative may well be Kooymans if you have a rental car or transportation. Quite frankly I am surprised that Asia Island still exists given our experience in going there. There is also a good Chinese store in Ponton across from TopCar rentals that has almost every conceivable product thought of. It may be worth checking out. If I am down there in the next few days I will take a look at beach chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that would be great john
    we too are looking for beach chairs for our Spring trip as the place we are staying does not supply

good to know about the asia store

Andrea,

Would you consider storing your chairs when not on the Island?? One of the Hotels is upgrading and selling off the beach chairs/loungers at a crazy low price. I was advised of this 2 weeks ago. If interested I can check for you and see if they are still available

Aruba since 1979
    yes
    thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Andrea,

Would you consider storing your chairs when not on the Island?? One of the Hotels is upgrading and selling off the beach chairs/loungers at a crazy low price. I was advised of this 2 weeks ago. If interested I can check for you and see if they are still available