Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bakery

Bakery

We are finally arriving Friday.....I would like to pick up some fresh cookies from a bakery to put in the welcome bags we are putting together for family arriving on Sunday. Is their an island specialty that anyone knows of?
    Next Aruba trip in

There is the dutch cookie speculaas - but can't get that at a bakery.
    Pan bollo is my hubby's favorite that is more like a dense bread pudding
    than a cookie thing.

Best bakery is Hucada - one at the certified and the other one is in paradera.

Aruba since 1979
    buy Stroopwaffel cookies at lings or Super food.

they are the best cookies oh yum

Reading this thread reminds me - where is a good bakery to buy a birthday cake? My MIL will turn 65 while we are there and I would love to surprise her with a small cake for lunch. How far in advance should I order? I know Lings had a baked goods section, but I can't remember if there was an actual bakery onsite.

I agree, best bakery is Huchada.....I assume if you ask them they may be able to prepare a cake for you. Stop at Certified and ask....then buy some of their fabulous pastries...to die for !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

BRIGHT BAKERY is the best on the island. They can make a lot of local sweets.

Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    BRIGHT BAKERY is the best on the island. They can make a lot of local sweets.
    Bully, can you tell us where Bright Bakery is located? We would like to try it during our next visit. Thanks!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I think there are 2 Bright Bakeries. The one I went to was on the road of Santa Ana Church. Going towards downtown it was on the left side of the road. Here is the website but it has no directions. http://www.brightbakery.com/index.php?page=aboutus . I bought a nice birthday cake at Sunrise Bakery. It's on the road of where Adventure Golf was (the way to Madame Janettes). It was right before Chengs market on the opposite side of the road. I did have to order the cake the day before.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 07-05-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks everyone......maybe we'll have Bull bring us when we arrive this week...Wooo hoooo.....started packign today.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I think there are 2 Bright Bakeries. The one I went to was on the road of Santa Ana Church. Going towards downtown it was on the left side of the road. Here is the website but it has no directions. http://www.brightbakery.com/index.php?page=aboutus . I bought a nice birthday cake at Sunrise Bakery. It's on the road of where Adventure Golf was (the way to Madame Janettes). It was right before Chengs market on the opposite side of the road. I did have to order the cake the day before.
    Thanks, Liz. We'll have to give it a try!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast