Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beach Chairs and Umbrella's

kat

Beach Chairs and Umbrella's

Okay, this may not be necessary, but after reading the horror stories of having to get up a dawn to get a palapa at the Surf club, I'm planning ahead. So, does any one have recommendations for a place to find cheap, small folding beach chairs? (Maybe looking for a cooler too).
    I don't remember Ling and Sons having this kind of stuff.

You can buy a lot of things at Certified which is near Ling and Sons. You can bring your own beach chair at the Surf Club but the issue is not finding a chair. There are lots of chairs...its finding the area in which you want to sit during high season!

If you want to sit at the beach but away from the front of the beach, no problem, you can get space. It is the issue with sitting by the water that is the problem. The huts, well that is a totally different story.............
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    The huts, well that is a totally different story.............
    Is the word "horror" story? Dd would love the lazy river, but dh can only wake up so early to get a palapa.

Bring along a soft side collapsible cooler. You can get them at drug stores, Target, Walmart and Dicks Sporting Goods. Either fold it up for the trip or fill it with items that need a little cushioning.

Flora Market has chairs a lounges as well, they will deliver. They are over my the airport right next to Price Mart.

Question Beach Chairs and Umbrella's

Hi Everyone,
    When we are in Aruba, we like to go to remote beaches for snorkeling, many of which have no cover. Can anyone tell me where I can rent or purchase beach chairs / umbrella's. If anyone would like to lend me their's for the two weeks I will be there in Sept, I would be happy to take you to a nice dinner.

Tony

Aruba since 1979
    your best bet may be to pick up a few beach chairs at the local hardware store WEMA or the Certified grocery/mall may carry them.

problem with the umbrellas is the WIND. the wind will cause umbrellas to be projectiles.
    very rarely do you see the portable umbrellas in aruba, due to their danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by tofare View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    When we are in Aruba, we like to go to remote beaches for snorkeling, many of which have no cover. Can anyone tell me where I can rent or purchase beach chairs / umbrella's. If anyone would like to lend me their's for the two weeks I will be there in Sept, I would be happy to take you to a nice dinner.

Tony

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by tofare View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Tony
    Hadicurai restaurant rents chairs as well as at mooba Beach.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    At Moomba Beach this past Dec/Jan and April when I was there, chairs were free.

Aruba since 1979
    the original poster, is looking for beach chairs to bring with him/her to other locations.

"Hi Everyone,
    When we are in Aruba, we like to go to remote beaches for snorkeling, many of which have no cover. Can anyone tell me where I can rent or purchase beach chairs / umbrella's."

so, the chairs at moombas, free or otherwise unfortunately will not help him unless moombas lets him borrow one to bring offsite for the duration ;-)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast