Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beach Chairs and Umbrella's

Aruba since 1979
    i would not chance it.
    an 8 foot umbrella as a projectile is a recipe for death and disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by cooliecanpro View Post
    Hasn't anyone ever tried the umbrella screw anchor? It literally screws into the sand and is said to hold an 8' umbrella in 35mph winds. Metal or plastic, 1-4 lbs, $12-29. Not something you would want to pack per trip. Having your own umbrella may end some squabbles over a shade hut.

Oh well. With the winds of Lake Michigan beaches, some prefer shade while others kite surf. I only experienced one day of sand blowing Aruba winds. Sorry, I can't understand why nobody has successfully used an umbrella.

Maybe no one uses them because of the wind gusting to year round on average from 28 - 37 mph. Sustained wind speeds on average of 19-20 mph may not sound windy, but the gusts of 36-37 mph are the real "gottchas".

Quote Originally Posted by cooliecanpro View Post
    Hasn't anyone ever tried the umbrella screw anchor? It literally screws into the sand and is said to hold an 8' umbrella in 35mph winds. Metal or plastic, 1-4 lbs, $12-29. Not something you would want to pack per trip. Having your own umbrella may end some squabbles over a shade hut.
    I just received one of these and used it at a local beach. It's great! Using this sand anchor with an umbrella in Aruba wouldn't work. Palapas are the best bet.

Beach chair rental ??----

Hi everyone--

My husband and I are in Aruba every year in November and would like to rent reclining multiposition beach chairs (the kind you can carry)--so that we can enjoy the "less popular" beaches w/out having to sit in the sand.

Any idea where? how much? and can they deliver the chairs to a hotel?

Aruba since 1979
    i do not know of rental, but certified grocery and the hardware store on the same street as certified sells reclining beach chairs.........the low ones that recline all of the way down.....
    approx $35 .

Where Can You Purchase Beach Chairs Cheap?

There are so many beaches we wish to visit, and some of them charge quite a bit for rental right? I would like to save some money if possible.

Arrow

you can buy a lot of things at certified which is near ling and sons.
    flora market has chairs a lounges as well, they will deliver. They are over my the airport right next to price mart.
    your best bet may be to pick up a few beach chairs at the local hadware store wema or the certified grocery/mall may carry them.
    i think you mean pricesmart. I haven't seen beach chairs at pricesmart but i have never looked for them.
    the hardware stores carry them. The certified mall/certified grocery store has the low foldable beach/sand chairs.
    our neighbors in march found the low beach chairs at certified. they said that's all they had there. Anywhere else they looked they were out but it was a pretty busy time then.
    check bolded above
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-31-2011 at 03:11 PM.

FYI - the wife and I bought a set of two backpack beach chairs, two umbrellas (clip on to chair) and a small table at the Price Smart for $60.00. We thought this was a great price and ended up saving us a lot of $$$. Visited many beaches and brought our own drinks.

Ended up leaving them at the rental apartment for the next visitors.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    where is flora market? we went to certified but the lounge chairs, the kind that you lie down on were very expensive, like a hundred bucks each. we don't want the chair ones. we haven't tried wema, do they carry them? but flora market, do you turn down the street of price mart past that asia store???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast