Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beach Chairs and Umbrella's

Aruba since 1979
    flora NEXT to pricemart and across from Asia store
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    where is flora market? we went to certified but the lounge chairs, the kind that you lie down on were very expensive, like a hundred bucks each. we don't want the chair ones. we haven't tried wema, do they carry them? but flora market, do you turn down the street of price mart past that asia store???

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Thank you, we'll check it out

I remember years ago my Grandmother had those fold up lounge chairs, they folded into 3 parts and expanded into full loungers. I bet if I had them they would fit in the suit case, but then still need Shade. In the summer we take umbrellas to the Jersey Shore and a lot of times, we must put them down because of wind. In Aruba, it would never work, or at least not something I want to try. I have watched those things blow across the beach (in NJ).

Its too early for me to plan that out, but we have to start thinking about our options as well since we are renting a house. We will visit several beaches this time and get a real feel of the Island instead of staying put at an AI the whole time.

More planning. Love it

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    ArubaMike, those are the chairs we were looking for. If who we rent from doesn't have them any more (they were in bad shape last year), then we may buy cheap at end of summer and bring them and leave them. we go to arashi and they have palapas so i'm good for shade.

we upgraded so we don't have to pay for luggage and we do carry on anyway. but if I could get them in aruba for like 30 or 40 dollars each, i'd get them there & leave them since we rent from the same place each year. Certified has them for like $100, Asia Island store for more than that. We don't want the chairs that go back, we want the long loungers that fold up. If anyone goes to Wema or Flora and sees them, let us know the price. They are the cheaper long sun loungers that fold up in three.

Where would you find one of these anchor screws for the sun umbrella

Where would we find one of the screw anchors for umbrella

Aruba since 1979
    Beach Chairs and Umbrella's-master-rib129.jpgSomething like this?

My husband is a fair red head and he has just had a cancerous melanoma removed from his back. It is vital to us that he have shade for the beach. We are staying at the Holiday Inn and their palapa reservation system is horrible. No I don't want to get a credit card or line up for an hour the day before. Does the Holiday Inn have any shaded areas on the beach? Is there no enterprising person who rents chairs with umbrellas or just the umbrellas on the beaches? Thanks for your help. Linda

Aruba since 1979
    he may be able to pull his lounge to the area where there are a few trees .
    i have not been on holiday inn's section of palm beach in years.
    last time i was there, there was a shaded area under the trees.
    watch out for falling coconuts.

how bad is the holiday inn palapa situation?
    i have not read many (or any ) complaints about their system.

Quote Originally Posted by linda_2332 View Post
    My husband is a fair red head and he has just had a cancerous melanoma removed from his back. It is vital to us that he have shade for the beach. We are staying at the Holiday Inn and their palapa reservation system is horrible. No I don't want to get a credit card or line up for an hour the day before. Does the Holiday Inn have any shaded areas on the beach? Is there no enterprising person who rents chairs with umbrellas or just the umbrellas on the beaches? Thanks for your help. Linda

If all else fails, walk to the Radisson. In December there were no fewer than 4 vendors renting umbrellas. Do know though the sun in Aruba is still strong enough to reflect off the sand and reach you under any umbrella or palapa. Good luck with your situation.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast