Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beach Chairs and Umbrella's

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda_2332 View Post
    My husband is a fair red head and he has just had a cancerous melanoma removed from his back. It is vital to us that he have shade for the beach. We are staying at the Holiday Inn and their palapa reservation system is horrible. No I don't want to get a credit card or line up for an hour the day before. Does the Holiday Inn have any shaded areas on the beach? Is there no enterprising person who rents chairs with umbrellas or just the umbrellas on the beaches? Thanks for your help. Linda
    There are enough lounge chairs stacked in the different areas of the H.I. beach to pull a chair under a tree. I find the trees by the Ocean Tower not high enough to give much shade. In front of the Palm Tower there is more shade. There are 2 pools. The Ocean Tower has a few umbrella's between the lounges. The Sea Tower has a nice new pool where they have a few shaded cabana's which are really nice. If I remember correctly their are 7 cabanas. The towel guy told me they are first come, they are not reserved. Don't know how early people get out there to claim a cabana. The towel hut by the Sea Tower opens at 7 am. The other towel hut is on the beach at the Palm Tower. Here is a video I took a couple of years about before they renovated the Lobby. The room shown is at the Sea Tower.

I took this video a couple of years ago. At approx. 1:00 in the video shows the pool and cabanas at the Sea Tower.

Next to the Sea Tower is Moomba's Bar & Restaurant. There is a vendor there that rents umbrellas & lounges.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 03-08-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    also too linda...........your husband may want to invest in a rashguard shirt and large brimmed hat.
    my husband has a large brimmed hat that he bought in a golf store. it can get wet and it can be crushed up.
    he has had it for 2 years and it wears well

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345