Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndyM

Thread: Best Day of Week to Shop

Best Day of Week to Shop

Wondering if there are specific days when cruise ships are docked in town. Trying to decide which day to shop without the additional volume. Also, where might I find the best deals/variety of Balashi paraphenlia without going to the brewery?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visi...a-dec2012.html

you'll be in aruba in dec right?

here is the schedule.
    i have another easier reading schedule somewhere, just cannot find it right now (i am on my husband's puter)

sometimes when the downtown is congested with cruise passengers, you find your best bargains! although i dislike crowds, the jewelers in particular are prepped to haggle a bit on those days of congestion.

unsure if the balashi store is still there..............but, there was a balashi store in one of the stores across the street from the old bushiri hotel near palmera rum building.

good luck.QUOTE=BeachFools;233045]Wondering if there are specific days when cruise ships are docked in town. Trying to decide which day to shop without the additional volume. Also, where might I find the best deals/variety of Balashi paraphenlia without going to the brewery?[/QUOTE]

Aruba since 1979
    found it

click link and scroll down to december

easier reading than the other that i posted

http://www.arubaports.com/wp-content...Dec-6-2011.pdf

Jewelers will often ask if you are from a cruise ship. That's because thy know you have a limited amount of time and cannot haggle forever. If you say no and you're here for a couple of weeks, their approach changes.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Andrea and Andy! I know I'd seen cruise ship schedules somewhere before but couldn't locate them again. We see the same jeweler every visit - Raj at Royal Jewelers is practically family and takes great care of all of us. Just didn't want to shop with a hoard! I thought I'd seen Balashi shirts at some of the shops but wasn't sure and I really would like to get a couple this trip.

We usually going to shop, when weather kind of says: There is no sun... you are not going to enjoy it on the Beach...go, do your shopping!...And it works , most of the time...Who wants to drive to downtown in a nice sunny day??