Aruba Beach

Thread: Best place to buy a TV in Aruba?

Best place to buy a TV in Aruba?

I want to upgrade the old television in my condo to a small flat screen and wanted to know the best place to buy one in Aruba.

What do TV's cost in Aruba? Are they about double the cost of the US; or more?

I looked all over the island for my TV when I moved here last year. After two days of searching, I found that Price Smart was the best price. They have from 24 inch flat to 50 inch flat. The y also had the wall mount for them. . . Prices were of course higher than in the states, but not too bad.

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    I looked all over the island for my TV when I moved here last year. After two days of searching, I found that Price Smart was the best price. They have from 24 inch flat to 50 inch flat. The y also had the wall mount for them. . . Prices were of course higher than in the states, but not too bad.

How much are the 24 inch flat screens? that's all I would need for the renters. What's there now is a 19inch(old style CRT) mounted on a TV arm.

This made me think. Aruba is a small island and using walkie talkies would be a great way to stay in touch without paying the high fees for cellphones in Aruba. The electrical interference should be minimal and range should be far. As long as it's legal. The only restriction I see is listed for people in Trinidad.

http://www.pricesmart.com/Local/Shop...tegoryID=10438
    Last edited by vincep; 08-28-2013 at 03:24 PM.

I bought all of my flat screen tv's from Pricesmart. It seems they have the best prices with the best variety.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post

Thanks for your response, Tom and Stanley. I was curious what the answer might be.

Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    That's the place. It's across the street from the airport. . . . Depending on what they have at the time, you may not get the size you want. They will get an updated inventory about every two weeks. It can be a hit or miss trip. . .

Not sure on the prices, but I thought they were not too bad at the time I bought my 2 sets. . . .