Aruba Beach

Thread: Beware at FUNGS Supermarket

Beware at FUNGS Supermarket

Last evening on the way to Lizzardos, I stopped into FUNGS Supermarket ( located just north of the police station with the traffice fatality stats, on the road toward Tierra del Sol) to purchase a bottle of wine. The girl at the checkout ignored me totally until I asked in a louder than normal voice if she was going to serve me. At this she reluctantly put down her PDA and took the money. I was using $US. She then handed me the change which was incorrect!!! The wine was priced in Florins. I pointed this out and she told me it was the same between US and AFL. Finally she corrected the change with a real surly attitude. I advised her that I would post to warn others and also let AHATA know of this situation.

Peed off Aquaman

Aruba since 1979
    ahhh she must have had her training at the "MA registry of motor vehicles"

unfortunate.
    the owner/manager needs to hear your complaint.

just wondering...was she aruban ??? While we were there in November we stopped at Certified Grocery Store to pick a few things......while checking out, one of the baggers was bagging a neighboring customer's groceries in our lane and so my Dh could not get out of the aisle to give our bagger our grocery cart...we waited a reasonable amount of time and I knew he knew my Dh wanted to get out, but ignored us completely...finally I excused us and asked if we could get the buggie out...I thought he was going to say something or try to take a swing at one of us....I was so shocked I couldn't even do anything...have never had that happen in all the years we've been going to aruba....His look almost floored me..like I had done something to him....even though I was polite about it.....So, after we got back to hotel I asked one of our friends from the island what the heck was going on and he said ALOT
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

oops...sorry...
    so he said ALOT of foreigners are working on the island and do not care about being polite to the tourists even though they know it is a large part of the country's economy. When I asked him about the law that says the jobs are supposed to be for the arubans he said the old government was paid to look the other way and many jobs are held by South American workers....and they do not care about tourists....pretty stupid, but maybe the new government will put a stop to that bull-crap !!!!

okay, done with my comments before I write something one of our wonderful monitors will have to delete !!!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    HAHAHAHAH
    like big brother watching :-)

danadog says okay, done with my comments before I write something one of our wonderful monitors will have to delete !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    HAHAHAHAH
    like big brother watching :-)

danadog says okay, done with my comments before I write something one of our wonderful monitors will have to delete !!!!!!
    HA....yeah, but I do agree with you Andrea they should report the girl to the owner...I do not think he needs to have soemone working there that doesn't want to cater to the customers no matter what country they are from...

ash
    It is easy to get ripped off if you don't know or understand the conversion rate of florin to dollars ($1.00 = Afl 1.75.) Be aware! I was just recently there and did not encounter any attitudes like that - if anything, I felt many were going out of their way to be nice.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I highly doubt aquaman doesn't know the coversion rate...attitude problem in the store in my thoughts...