Aruba Beach
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Scubamark
  • 1 Post By Scubamark

Thread: Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store Aruba

Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store Aruba

We have never had a problem with anything we purchased in Aruba until this past vacation when we made a large purchase from Little Europe. As anniversary present I bought my wife a wedding band and a new engagement ring. Of course the salesman stated it will be appraised for more than you paid etc etc. Any problem we have a service center in New York etc etc.
    Well by the time we arrived home the stones were falling out of the ring, so we brought it to our local jeweler who appraised it at a much less than we paid, and he said the quality of the setting and the workmanship was very inferior and the ring will continually loose the stones. I tried numerous times to speak to the owner of the store, Little Europe, but of course - not available. Service center in New York-nonexistent. When I finally spoke to a salesman he said don't worry when you come back next year we will "exchange" it for you.

The way Little Europe and Times Square do business they probably won't be in business next year. They state that they are 3rd generation operators, I think this could be the last generation the way they treat customers.

Buyer Beware and STAY AWAY from Little Europe in downtown and their other store Times Square in Palm Beach, frequent a store that has been on the island longer and doesn't call you "brother" when he first meets you.

Scuba Mark
    Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store in Oranjestad Aruba
    and Times Square in Palm Beach Aruba

Thanks for the tip.

We've had similar issues with Noble Jewelers. Overpriced junk.

Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store Aruba

There are plenty of respectable jewelry stores in Aruba. But I have learned the hard way, buy items that can be comparison priced such as watches.

But then again I did buy a Ulysse Nardin watch from Times Square in Palm Beach during the same vacation. Times Square is a sister store to Little Europe. The salesman stated he would ship me the wooden case that the watch comes with because it would be bulky to take home with me. It happened to be a beautiful wooden case that I would have loved to have, especially if one day I decided to sell the watch. But the salesman again lied, I never received the case as promised.

So the bottom line is:

Beware of Little Europe Jewelry Store Oranjestad Aruba
    and Times Square in Palm Beach Aruba

Scuba Mark