Aruba Beach
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By CK1
  • 3 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By gaby

Thread: Beware the Mall

Beware the Mall

Just a quick thread to help fellow travelers. The Palm Beach Plaza Mall - near the High-Rise hotels - has several stores like Benetton and other that offer NO RETURNS. I purchased clothing that was defective and returned it with tags still attached. I was told there was a ZERO return Policy. Avoid this mall like the plague. They are specifically set up to scam tourists. There are plenty of other good retailers who will not rob you blind. I love Aruba, but it is definitely buyer beware here. Good luck out there!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    The return-policies in Europe (like Germany) can be VERY different from the USA. Most stores in the USA a very generous when it comes to return items to a store. Not so in many European countries.

Just a thought.

So true. This is a great reminder for all shoppers to check return policies before purchasing anything – especially in another country.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by NowInAruba View Post
    Just a quick thread to help fellow travelers. The Palm Beach Plaza Mall - near the High-Rise hotels - has several stores like Benetton and other that offer NO RETURNS. I purchased clothing that was defective and returned it with tags still attached. I was told there was a ZERO return Policy. Avoid this mall like the plague. They are specifically set up to scam tourists. There are plenty of other good retailers who will not rob you blind. I love Aruba, but it is definitely buyer beware here. Good luck out there!
    "Specifically set up to scam tourists"? I think as CK1 stated the return policy is very different than that of the USA, and there is no scam. I happen to like shopping at that mall, and have no plans to avoid it like the plague. "Caveat Emptor" applies everywhere. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Welcome to the forum

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I actually like that mall, too. I purchased a handbag at San Marino, then changed my mind. They took it back and gave me my money. I of course ended up going back and buying another bag, lol. But they were very nice. Also Caribbean Queen is very good about returning something, no problem at all. It might have just been that one store you went to.