Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottled water and snacks?

Bottled water and snacks?

Hi there. I am getting married in Aruba in June. We want to provide welcome bags for our guests when they arrive, and I want to include bottled water and some sort of snack (pretzels etc.) among other things. Rather than pay to ship these down there, figured it would be easy to stop at a grocery store. Where do you recommend going for these things? We are staying at the Hyatt, so somewhere between the airport and the Hyatt where we could stop on our way to check in would be best. Any advice is appreciated -- thanks!

Major grocery stores between airport and the Hyatt:

Ling & Son's
    Certified
    Hong King Supermarket

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/grocery%20store.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f37/buying-bulk-costco-like-store-37433/ Buying in Bulk- A Costco-like store??
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f37/lings-sons-delivery-pick-up-30881/

You might want to avoid the bottled water. Tap water in Aruba is fantastic and the empty bottles are unnecessary waste. Some inexpensive stainless steel bottles that can be re-used would be more environmentally friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    You might want to avoid the bottled water. Tap water in Aruba is fantastic and the empty bottles are unnecessary waste. Some inexpensive stainless steel bottles that can be re-used would be more environmentally friendly.
    Very true! AND excellent idea. My dh has been using the below:

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

Dh is a "water snob" and has been using the SIGG canteen all year for work and has been very happy with it.

We just bought 3 new wide mouth (for ice) canteens with the insulated totes for our next Aruba trip.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ling and Sons carry those shopping bags( recycle type) for 1.00 and they are orange. Hong King carry one also for the same price and they are turquoise...We came home with a few of each....Roll up a beach towel and throw some trinkets in them....

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Chadd, that is a wonderful idea.....

Bride2be....maybe you could be those here and have them mongramed.. would be nice and ecofriendly.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks so much to everyone for all the ideas! I really appreciate it!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanette_smith View Post
    Snacks that were pre-packaged were ok on all airlines I was on. (Southwest, Northwest, American, United and KLM) Of course, anything that you can purchase in the area after security can be carried on the plane.
    We have always hand carried homemade sandwiches enroute TO Aruba for consumption on the plane and never had a problem. Has this policy changed????

FWIW, roast beef again this year RobO, if we can keep it away from dd.

If I recall correctly, the roast beef was nearly consumed before you departed?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

We have always hand carried homemade sandwiches enroute TO Aruba for consumption on the plane and never had a problem. Has this policy changed????

I don't believe any airline has a problem with bringing your own food along. As long as you aren't selling it to other passengers, pack along as much as you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast