Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bottled water and snacks?

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    If I recall correctly, the roast beef was nearly consumed before you departed?
    Oh yes ...you recall that correctly...the infamous plate of "disappearing" roast beef perpetrated by the child who did not like roast beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I don't believe any airline has a problem with bringing your own food along. As long as you aren't selling it to other passengers, pack along as much as you like.
    See above , dd would never ever part with a sandwich her father has made unless it was by FORCE!

Seriously, thanks for the update, it is good to know that we can still travel with our own little "picnic". With Atlanta traffic we have to leave the house 5 hours before our flight even departs. By far the worst part of the trip only saved by the Crown Club.

Tamarijn Waterfront Grill Red Parrot Restaurant
    Last year at the Charlotte, NC airport, someone behind us had a water bottle and security threw it away, how do you get your food through security as this might be something I would like to do. I remember reading about your roast beef last year!
    Next Aruba trip in

We just pack the sandwiches, napkins and snacks separately in a food store plastic bag.

<<Knock on wood>> but traveling international and domestic we have had no issues doing this. Hopefully it is pretty obvious, 3 people, 3 sandwiches, 4+ hour flight with no meal...

Dh then purchases soda or water AFTER the TSA security checkpoint so that we have something to "wash everything down" on the flight without having to wait for the beverage cart.

I only say that because one Delta flight, and only one, the cart did not come through until midway into the flight and only came through one time. Thankfully has not happened again.

Wow, it only takes about ten minutes to get to the airport parking lot here and security rarely takes longer than five minutes. A big plus to living in a mid sized town. The down side is we have to connect, but more often than not, I still don't leave the house five hours before the flight to Aruba leaves.

As long as it isn't a gel or liquid, you can take it through security. There has been talk of the liquid ban coming to an end at some point this year but that has died down lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Wow, it only takes about ten minutes to get to the airport parking lot here and security rarely takes longer than five minutes. A big plus to living in a mid sized town. The down side is we have to connect, but more often than not, I still don't leave the house five hours before the flight to Aruba leaves.
    Living with traffic STINKS! We are 20 minutes from the nearest grocery store, and the airport and the traffic congestion between here and there a WHOLE 'NOTHER story.

There have been times it has only taken us an hour to get to the airport. There have been times though when we have gone to downtown Atlanta and it has taken 2 1/2 hours and still been 10 miles from the airport. The airport is on the south end of the city and we come in from the north.

So...to be on the safe side, we always have to make sure we leave ourselves plenty of time to get there. One bad accident on a 12 lane highway could cause us to miss our flight.

In the past we've considered staying the night before at an airport hotel but the one's which are not "roach motels" are big $$$ and we also have to pay our catsitter and vet (for boarding) for extra $$$.

Easier to just pass a couple of hours in the Crown club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12