Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bring from home or do FULL grocery shopping there?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that rule has been on the books for a long time
    many timeshare owners and those renting places on island bring food/meat.

my husband and i bring food/prepared and a few frozen meals and have not been stopped.

yes, we and others are taking a chance to lose it all if aruba customs decides to search.

they are inconsistent with the enforcement of the rule lisa.
    Aruban customs does seem to be VERY relaxed compared to other places. They have always waived me through.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that rule has been on the books for a long time
    many timeshare owners and those renting places on island bring food/meat.

my husband and i bring food/prepared and a few frozen meals and have not been stopped.
    we have been lucky.
    we bring in no produce.
    we bring less and less every visit.

yes, we and others are taking a chance to lose it all if aruba customs decides to search.

they are inconsistent with the enforcement of the rule lisa.
    That is my impression as well. I don't have too much experience as I only traveled four times to Aruba and only one time that I brought certain items with me (painting supplies in a metal container) which worried me. But I was told Aruba's custom does not really check the luggage of tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I was told Aruba's custom does not really check the luggage of tourists.
    I've traveled to many places around the world and Aruba is the most relaxed I have ever seen. That being said, I've read that sometimes they do check; mostly for alcohol and cigarettes.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    I've traveled to many places around the world and Aruba is the most relaxed I have ever seen. That being said, I've read that sometimes they do check; mostly for alcohol and cigarettes.
    I have traveled quite a bit myself. Just a few years ago, USA airports were not so strict, some people would bring lots of groceries from Germany, for instance. But no more. Times have really changed.

I have read all the posts, wow love it as so many people have different say about what or what not. I am with Jacki all the way as I have three kids and as an american who moved to Aruba 17 years ago I will never break my habits but I get better each time I go back and forth. Never had a problem with spoilage on delayed flights or problems with TSA or immigration.
    My suitcase in 2013 from USA to Aruba, 1 luggage full of vegetables and fruit, why because I love my veggies and Aruba just don't have or way expensive for what I love and can't beat the fresh farm price in Michigan and I flash freeze in Aruba and in freezer it goes. Hot dogs are a must because I get great deals and they are frozen which also keep my other stuff cold and fresh, Chip Steak from the butcher to the freezer and my kids love me. 2 containers of mixed Lunch meat from Sams Club and a huge mixed package of cheese. Lets not go to the snacks because I would need another post but I can say I learned not to bring smushy snacks, more like granola bars, pop tarts, craisins peanuts. You might all say WHAT but I like to save where I can especially with peanut butter and nutella which those two alone will be well worth the cost of an extra luggage. I look at it this way since I own a home in Aruba, My pantry will never be bear and I am saving lots of extra that could be spent on something else. By the way the cooler gets full like Jacki mentioned so this way it stays colder and when going to beach you have your cold beers, sandwiches and everything at your fingertips all you need is ice.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

From Aruba to the USA,
    My 100% bring back items that are always in my suitcase are balashi malta, Gouda cheese, Ayaka at Christmas, windmill dutch cookies and the syrup wafers, licorice from Sav alot, madame janette and papaya hot sauce made in Aruba and to my pantry and they make great Christmas gifts as well as the picalilly. 1 whole luggage of fresh caught fish and I mean all kinds including baracuda, king fish,mahi mahi, grouper red snapper and shark, thank God I own a seafood restaurant and someone to clean it and freeze it.... My family loves me when I get back they fight on who is picking me up at airport as whom does has the bigger bag of fish... So for those going out deep sea fishing tell the captain that you are bringing home one fish or cooking it in Aruba as you are allowed 1 fish that you catch...No fresh fruit which my kids crave the mangos, star fruit, kinepa, macrupines and coconuts off our trees and no fresh vegetables that my husband grows or from the grocery store. You will get caught and the penalty is high. take it from me as when my kids were 23 &4 I had cut up fruit in a carry on cooler, it took off from Aruba, took off from Miami but when I arrived in Michigan I was choked with a penalty and sad part was there were only 2 slices left of a huge container of fresh mixed fruit, I did not hide it as it was a small cooler, It was way back when no USA immigration was in Aruba, you learn and you make it all worth the while.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

When we're in Aruba, for stock up on the local beer, BALASHI!!! It's the most inexpensive, and it's good!!! CHEERS!!!

P.S. We've even brought home -- to CT -- 6 packs of Balashi beer!!! We drink it on the deck in the summer... almost feels like you're back on Eagle Beach!!! (almost)!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubatanlee View Post
    P.S. We've even brought home -- to CT -- 6 packs of Balashi beer!!! We drink it on the deck in the summer... almost feels like you're back on Eagle Beach!!! (almost)!

Same here - we always bring home some Balashi & Blashi Chill to enjoy on special occasions or when we are missing Aruba!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

If I brought Balashi back, I would need several suitcases and sadly most would be gone the first week back...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast