Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying in Bulk- A Costco-like store??

Buying in Bulk- A Costco-like store??

Hi there!
    I had heard from previous years going to Aruba that there is a store that sells in bulk out by the airport (like Costco, BJ's, etc). We are getting married there in May and we wanted to get stuff for our welcome bags there. Does this exist and how much is membership?
    Thanks!

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up Pricesmart

I does exist. It is Pricesmart. Check it here www.pricesmart.com. Choose "english" and Aruba.
    Membership is $31 per year. Think you can apply online, otherwise just do it at the shop.
    Normally very good prices, but inventory varies a lot.
    Good luck.

Carsten

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your reply. :-)

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    If you don't join PriceSmart, you can get a day pass. You pay 15% surcharge on purchases. If you are going to buy alot, its worth the price of membership.

mac

price smart

anyone know if they have beer, wine and vodka. you know, the staples.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Mac, they have more than you can drink, I promise ;-)

Carsten

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    mac, yep, the staples and more.
    Life is better in flip flops

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Prices don't seem that cheap. $34 for a case of 8oz Heine's doesn't seem like a deal really.
    Neither does $27 for a case of the local Balashi 8oz's.
    Either way, I can't wait to get back there

I recently purchased the following from PriceSmart: washer & Dryer; two (2) flat screen LCD televisions; stainless steel refrigerator; stainless steel microwave; stereo system; lamps; pots & pans; towels; beach chairs, grill, cooler, etc. We basically bought many of the extras needed to finish our home.

The prices were more than the states but SO much less than other stores on the island. (We did compare prices before we decided to buy most of what we needed at PriceSmart.) Somethings we did find cheaper than PriceSmart but in the end, it was easier, faster and cheaper to buy in one place.

Refer to their website here http://www.pricesmart.com/Local/Default.aspx

Regards,

Banned

Return policy

Just a note of caution:

PriceSmart is normally a lot cheaper on consumer goods, but keep in mind their return policy.
    Normally it is 30 days and even within these 30 days, I can say it is not always easy to get them to return non-functional goods.

This is an extra problem for us who have property there but do not live there year round.
    You buy a Plasma TV, bring it to your house, use it for a few days and then go home, to come back a couple of month later. In effect this means that your warranty was 3 days .

Not much to do about it, just stating facts.
    I have bought a lot a PriceSmart and are happy with 95% of it, but specialty electronic items I sometimes buy in specialty stores instead.

But in general you have to ask all places about their warranty/return policy as it is very very different from what most of us are used to. (Where I live you have 2 years warranty on almost everything and can buy longer).)

Carsten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast