Aruba Beach

Thread: Cheese

One week to go, wahooooooo!!!!!! So excited. Anyways, I have read that Aruba has Dutch Cheese and Chocolates. This will sound like a real stupid question, however I am almost on vacation so I will throw it out there.....

How do you bring Cheese back to the U.S.? Doesn't it need refrigeration? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, they have Hot Sauce? My son, loves Hot Sauce and he wants me to bring some back. Have any of you tried it
    ? I could always walk across the street to Hooters and buy a bottle there.

One last thing, is Ling and Sons within walking distance to the Hyatt?

Thanks for your help!!!

Ling & Sons is a very long walk from the Hyatt - not recommended.

Cheese can be brought back in your luggage. It will be fine. I would recommend Super Foods for your dutch type purchases. It is next to Kong Hing, which I also recommend instead of Ling & Sons.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

The Dutch cheese you buy on the island to bring hiome is made in wax, therefore not requiring refrigeration. We bring big wheels of various cheeses home every time we visit the island and it is fine. None of the three major supermarkets are near the Hyatt.

Interestingly enough - I noticed the cheese prices at the Duty Free shop at the airport were very very competitive with the grocery stores on the island. This way you don't have to keep it all week - pick it up on your way home. Just a thought.