Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cheese

Wink

Thanks for everyone help One more question??? About how much is the cheese??

How best do you enjoy Gouda? Is it too strong to eat alone? Or should it be used as a topping or something?
    mrsgp1987
    Leechburg
    Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgp1987 View Post
    How best do you enjoy Gouda? Is it too strong to eat alone? Or should it be used as a topping or something?
    All of the above! We use it as topping on casseroles and soups (yummy in onion soup), as well as eating by itself in chunks, with or without crackers.

We buy the same Gouda in Aruba that we buy at home called Vincent (we try others, too, but Vincent is still our favorite.) Gouda, a baguette, and wine on the patio at night - it's the best!

Last edited by ~Amy~; 02-16-2009 at 10:52 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    gouda baguette sangria

mmmmmmmmm.

and as amy suggests enjoying it outside in aruba.... is the icing on the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We buy the same Gouda in Aruba that we buy at home called Vincent (we try others, too, but Vincent is still our favorite.) Gouda, a baguette, and wine on the patio at night - it's the best!

Hi Amy, what kind of wine accomodates the gouda cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Hi Amy, what kind of wine accomodates the gouda cheese?
    You could really do a red or a white with it. It's not so flavorful like an aged cheddar where red is best and not so mild like Brie where white is best. It's kinda in between - good flavor but nor overpowering so we have gone with both reds and whites. In Aruba, we usually opt for a good Chilean wine. Okay, you're making me hungry now!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

A good Vino Verde (Green wine) from Portugal would work great with this type of cheese.

Regards,

Me I will buy at they airport his better otherwise you could have problem .We just comback and the first thing they ask us if we have food .Now they take you picture and figure print .Good luck
    ginette

My favorite gouda

The best gouda cheese that I have ever tasted is Rembrandt Gouda. I buy it in the states at my grocery store (when they have it) or at a specialty meat store. It is anywhere from $10/lb to $15/lb. I believe that my mom also purchased it from a BJ's store once. She got a huge piece for a great price. Happy tasting!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast