pier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigarette question

Cigarette question

yuck... I dont smoke and all but one person that is traveling with us are nonsmokers. But of course he is inquiring as to the cost of cigarettes in aruba.

So here goes...

Is it cheaper to purchase cigarettes here in the states and bring them with us,...or buy them in aruba??? He smokes newports...

If no one has the answer I will just tell him no cigarettes allowed in aruba....lol and maybe he will use that as his opportunity to quit smoking... j/k of course

Kisha

Kisha

Aruba trip in

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    yes they are cheaper.. They don't carry alot/all brands. I cant remember if they have newport or not. I am not sure on the prices but I believe under 30.00 a carton.(guess)
    Hopefully one of the members that are locals can answer better....

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I would tell him to bring cigarettes as not all brands are available. Cartons are cheaper at the duty free at the airport but that is when you depart Aruba. In stores they are around $5. a pack.

Thanks for the info. He believe he pays 7 dollars a pack here. So I will just tell him to bring his own and pray they have his brand there just in case he runs out.

I dont think we will have enough time to purchase in between flights. From the way it looks we have about an hour from one flight to the next. And I am hoping that they were no delays and the terminals are close to each other...which all means...no time to shop

Kisha

Aruba trip in

Eagle Beach Iguana Joes Palm Beach Alto Vista Chapel Baby Beach Passions
    Cigarettes are cheaper in Aruba, and I brought my smoking friends back some packs. They were $4.30 a pack at the La Cabana resort store, and $3.30 a pack in the duty free. He can get Marlboro Methol lights or Salems. Not too much of a choice. It seemed like a lot of people smoked in Aruba. Maybe because tobacco is cheaper there.
    The reason I bought cigarettes for my smoking friends was because of the warning on each pack. Cigarettes Kill. Plain and simple, and I thought it was an appropriate message for those that smoke, especially since our facility is going to a non smoking work place in the next few weeks.
    Have fun, you will love the island, and it is so much better with friends, even if they do smoke. You'll love the friendly people and the gorgeous beaches.
    Last edited by SusanRN; 03-23-2010 at 08:16 AM.

AS a former smoker of over 40 years, I can tell you that the messages on the side of the packs have NO effect on a smokers habit at all! The only thing that does is raising the price until it hurts too much to smoke...In the UK a pack of cigarettes costs about 5.60 ..or nearly $10....Makes a 2 pack a daY HABIT AWFULLY EXPENSIVE....

You can grab smokes on your way out of the states at the Duty Free on way to Aruba at most airports, just need an international ticket to show them.

Each year I grab a carton on the way there and then again on the way back. Runs about 3.50 a pack.

Your smoker friend will be in heaven, you can smoke just about EVERYWHERE in Aruba.

Sorry to disagree here, but cigs in Aruba are NOT cheap. Lings Supermarket on-line shows Marlboro, a pack of only 10 weeds, at $4.30. Save big time by bringing your own, either from home, or shop the duty free in, and out. Even if you don't smoke, do your friends a favor by carrying a carton for them! Aruba outbound had the great deal, buy 4, get 1 free. That's cheap.

Aruba since 1979
    i do not know why lings is showing that price for 10 smokes.

the marlboro products in aruba have 20 per pack and cost about $5.

Quote Originally Posted by cooliecanpro View Post
    Sorry to disagree here, but cigs in Aruba are NOT cheap. Lings Supermarket on-line shows Marlboro, a pack of only 10 weeds, at $4.30. Save big time by bringing your own, either from home, or shop the duty free in, and out. Even if you don't smoke, do your friends a favor by carrying a carton for them! Aruba outbound had the great deal, buy 4, get 1 free. That's cheap.

maybe by the time you share the feedback he will be encouraged to kick the habit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast