Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cigarettes

Quote Originally Posted by CasaHappy View Post
    I worked there earlier this year and last and was happy to pay the Kentucky price compared to the NJ price WOW!
    How much are ciggies in NJ? I'm an ex-smoker (going on 11 years). The tax on ciggies in CT was just raised to $3 a pack. Smokers are paying around $8 for a pack of ciggies.

Your allowed 1 carton (200) duty free to bring back into the States, after the 1 the tax is 10usd per carton.

Aruba since 1979
    for smokers is the $10 per carton (tax) still a bargain?

Only$10 tax USD per carton over the limit? Wish I would have brought back about 50 of them!

last year we brang back 50 cartons duty free they were sold in 10 carton pack lokk like a mini suit case we brang 5 minis back no problem marlboro red

I buy before we go into Aruba, using the duty free shop, as to the hotels, does depend on your brand and whether or not you can find them, some of the "island brands" aren't as good. I know friends had an issue with newports/salems (I know it was a menthol) they were out and couldn't get any. For the way home, the $10 per carton is still cheaper than the states. Also, AA sold them on one flight a couple of years back on the way back to us- duty free no additional taxes as we were in the air, I got 5 cartons $25 per carton.

Aruba since 1979
    per the rules
    Do not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing "Aruba.com Community Forum" or in connection with your use of "Aruba.com Community Forum" in any manner

Moomba/cigarettes

I have been to the island many times, and know for a fact they have the best selection of cigarettes, with great prices. If you go to the hotel gift shops, (or in
    Marriots case the little market) behind the checkout they have cigarettes. I remember Marlboro, Camel, L&M, Newport, Belmont, Nevada, all in regular or lights. The prices as of 2010 were 6.40 per pack, USD. At the moomba bar they have a cigarette machine, selling em' for 6 bucks a pack. At the airport leaving they have all major brands: Marlboro reds, Lights, Ultra Lights, Camel, Lights, Ultra lights, Basic, Lights, Ultra lights, , Benson And Hedges Lights, Ultra lights, , Kent Lights, Ultra lights, Newport Lights, Ultra lights, , Virginia slims Lights, Ultra lights, Winston Lights, Ultra lights, Parliament Lights, Ultra lights, , and the like. They DO NOT carry True brand cigarettes, to my dismay.

OHHH and by the way, the airport cartons were $29.99, or 24.99 if you got 2. BEWARE, THERE IS A 13.00 FEE ON EVERY CARTON YOU BUY AFTER YOUR SECOND. **its still a good deal, i mean 38 bucks a carton...Wow. IN NYC that gets you what, 3 packs?

Aruba since 1979
    holy cow how much do cigs cost in NYC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast